mrsmith Guest
    I'm planning to get new Trane XV90 and want to determine right size for my house. I did the load calc with "HVAC-Calc" and I got total heat lost at 74K. In the program manual author recomends to go 20-25% over that number and this brings me to 90-93K range. Trane offers following models that I consider:

Model................Capacity Output(BTUH)
    .....................Stage 1 / Stage 2

TUY100R9V4W...........62,000 / 93,000
    TUY120R9V5W...........74,000 / 112,000

Which one to choose? I live in Akron Ohio.

Please don't base your decision on the load calc alone. Looks like yours could go either way.

What infiltration rate did you choose? Was this a guess or did you have the home pressure tested?

What indoor and outdoor design temps did you select?

How leaky is the duct system? Did you measure the air leakage?

What size blower is right for your ductwork? Do both units have the right size blower for your duct system?

Are you installing this yourself?
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Nothin gets by you Lusker. I did a search on Lucky777 & she claims to already have the Trane XV90 installed in her other posts. LOL

[Edited by hvac hero on 02-02-2006 at 03:38 PM]
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

never mind

Came from work and found this.... Lusker, you sniffing way to much R410 and getting paranoid. After I replaced my furnace with XV90, my brother wanted one too. I helped him with load calc but we couldn't decide on size. I recommended him to set up an account here and ask for advice. He used my PC, is it a crime here? Thanks for a warm welcome for your new members. My brother still needs an answer for this.

[Edited by lucky777 on 02-02-2006 at 05:36 PM]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lucky777
    Came from work and found this.... Lusker, you sniffing way to much R410 and getting paranoid. Thanks for a warm welcome for your new members. He still needs an answer for this. Is it a crime here?

As a matter of fact it is.

Rule #8

One Registration Only

As the board gets larger, it becomes more important that each member has only one registration name. Any member who signs up under a new name will be banned from the site. If you feel you have to re-register with a new name due to a technical problem, be sure to get it okayed by Boss first.

I can't help what computer you guys swap. All I see is two names on one IP with the same password.

and.... I'll sniff what I want thanks..

Originally posted by mrsmith
    I'm planning to get new Trane XV90 and want to determine right size for my house. I did the load calc with "HVAC-Calc" and I got total heat lost at 74K. In the program manual author recomends to go 20-25% over that number and this brings me to 90-93K range. Trane offers following models that I consider:

Model................Capacity Output(BTUH)
    .....................Stage 1 / Stage 2

TUY100R9V4W...........62,000 / 93,000
    TUY120R9V5W...........74,000 / 112,000

Which one to choose? I live in Akron Ohio.
    what size will it be replacing?

go for the smaller size...is what I advise

Originally posted by lucky777
    Thanks for a warm welcome for your new members. My brother still needs an answer for this.

Hey Mr. Ungrateful,
    Would you like your money back? Or would you like me to send you a bill for the questions I posted that you never bothered answering?
    "And remember my sentimental friend......that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others" - Wizard of Oz.

Originally posted by Steve Wiggins
    Please don't base your decision on the load calc alone. Looks like yours could go either way.

What infiltration rate did you choose? Was this a guess or did you have the home pressure tested?

What indoor and outdoor design temps did you select?

How leaky is the duct system? Did you measure the air leakage?

What size blower is right for your ductwork? Do both units have the right size blower for your duct system?

Are you installing this yourself?
    Sorry for the dellay.

Here are your answers:
    House built in 1965 so we used average construction.

1. For Infiltration we used .7 for Winter
    2. Temperature 88F summer and 5F winter
    3. Air leakage was not measured.
    4. Not sure how to determine blower size but we'll be replacing old 120K Lenox furnace.
    5. We'll hire a proffesional for installation.