Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can2Go

Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    ... multiple RTUs on one Jace? ...
    yeah ... of course!

you got mail.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Quote Originally Posted by xarralu View Post
    ...Do they come pre-configured for anything out-of-the-box?
    nah not really but the VAV object is straight forward to add and the controller will serve up a simple graphic.

the step up to be able to write functional LUA isnt too big ... some examples available on the partner website.

... having more functional templates for things like VAV and FCU would be good IMO . Save newbie Can2go'ers having to invent from scratch.

Still ... but not too hard to build them yrself. Its a great learning curve but then, on the other hand, which job is gonna wear the cost of all the learnin' ? ... and while yr learning, other jobs still need doing too.

yeah more templates needed.
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    yeah ... of course!

you got mail.
    Thanks Matrix
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

nah not really but the VAV object is straight forward to add and the controller will serve up a simple graphic.

the step up to be able to write functional LUA isnt too big ... some examples available on the partner website.

... having more functional templates for things like VAV and FCU would be good IMO . Save newbie Can2go'ers having to invent from scratch.

Still ... but not too hard to build them yrself. Its a great learning curve but then, on the other hand, which job is gonna wear the cost of all the learnin' ? ... and while yr learning, other jobs still need doing too.

yeah more templates needed.
    Good info Thanks. Has the range on the Zigbee side of things been acceptable? Did you use any extended range/high power Zigbee devices?

TIA!
    "It's not that I'm smart, it's that I stay with the problem longer”
    Albert Einstein

Well I received the Demo kit, yes assembly required!
    Kit included:
    VAV CONTROLLER with integrated motor and flow sensor, has Zigbee, and EnOcean wireless antennas, second controller same as first minus vav goodies. Two wall power supplies.
    The EnOcean photocell type wireless enabled goodies included:
    Motion sensor, looks like monitors flying saucer
    Window sensor(sweet)
    Photocell
    120vac wall plug relay
    Wall light switch (sweet)
    Wall sensor with dial temp adjust, override button (nice looking too!)

Two nice durable instruction cards, well documented.

I will start playing/testing next week, possibly sooner if I bag my buck earlier, if you know what I mean :-)
    Intelli-Building = Less Stress, commissioned with diligence!

Quote Originally Posted by paulir View Post
    Kit included:
    VAV CONTROLLER with integrated motor and flow sensor, has Zigbee, and EnOcean wireless antennas, second controller same as first minus vav goodies. Two wall power supplies.
    Window sensor(sweet)
    Photocell
    120vac wall plug relay

I will start playing/testing next week, possibly sooner if I bag my buck earlier, if you know what I mean :-)
    Good to hear! Be sure to keep us up to date on whatcha think about it. You said EnOcean and Zigbee antennas? Do they say/look like they can be used for outdoor use?

I'm just wondering because if you had one in an enclosure, like say for a RTU, I wonder if the antenna(s) can be installed outside of the enclosure?

TIA
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by paulir View Post
    Kit included:
    Window sensor(sweet)
    Photocell
    120vac wall plug relay

So have you been able to dig into your can2go stuff? I'm getting close to getting a couple of their controllers if there not too much of a pitfall to get my hands on them.
    Albert Einstein

Just ordered my demo kit today. can't wait. Any info would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytech1 View Post
    Just ordered my demo kit today. can't wait. Any info would be appreciated.
    Yea, I got a Universal Controller 2 days ago with ZERO info and software with it. I've been e-mailing trying to get more info and/or software without any luck so far. You would be A-1 in my book if you would share anything you find! TIA
    Albert Einstein

I really hope these can2gos are good . I need a small programmable system instead of peicing together t775 and miscellaneous temp. controllers and stats.

Those of you who have ordered these demo kits or received individual controllers... Can you PM me the price that you guys are paying for this stuff.

I have talked with one of the guys from their marketing side and I guess I want to get an idea of the costs before I hit them up with a request to do a Full Review of their equipment for my Blog.

Let me know in PMs or Contact Me on my Blog, since I know pricing can not be spoken about in public forums. Thanks.

integrator kit

received my kit a couple of weeks ago now. Looks like a good system. The LUA language will take some getting used to. Not big on wireless stuff but there is modbus , another lerning curve. All in all I am pretty positive on this can2go thing.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jaytech1 View Post
    received my kit a couple of weeks ago now. Looks like a good system. The LUA language will take some getting used to. Not big on wireless stuff but there is modbus , another lerning curve. All in all I am pretty positive on this can2go thing.
    Yea, I've been playing around with mine also. I jumped the gun on an earlier post and I got partner access now. I started working with the Lua modbus scripts and I have it communicating, but having some learning curve as well.

I think for an "all-in-one" it's pretty slick and it's inexpensive for what it does. Looks like you can have 99 AV's and 99 BV's for either/or modbus and bacnet. I'm able to see it over BACnet/IP so that is a plus. The Enocean wireless is easy as well.

I would love to get my hands on a Lua script for a basic RTU/AHU to see how that works. All in all, I'm giving it a thumbs up.
    Albert Einstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast