Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    169
    How do you feel about them. Would you rather have hog hair than a dog size of 1" throw away? How many are using factory filters or installing a better filter by another vendor?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,130
    Minimum I would use a mild pleated filter...if you have the space, I highly recommend media air cleaners!
    Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,628

    If you use the Hog Hair media, put stiffining rods thru it
    so it won't sag, and apply a "filter coat" prior to
    installing. They are probably better than just 30 day
    fiberglass when coated with filter-coat, and kept clean.


    Regards........

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,874
    Throw them as far as you can,

    Better yet, Go to the curb Then throw as far as you can.



    Maybe that way the wind will catch them..........

    Buy a good filter and change them 3 or 4 times a yr
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Louisiana , USA
    Posts
    3,280
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by gonefishing
    [B]
    If you use the Hog Hair media, put stiffining rods thru it
    so it won't sag, and apply a "filter coat" prior to
    installing. They are probably better than just 30 day
    fiberglass when coated with filter-coat, and kept clean.

    This is Turtle.

    Hey Fish , Tell me about what i can use for the rods to hold the Door mate /Hog Hair filters up with. I can't remember anything that I've ever seen that was for this in any warehouse. There must be a 100 things you can use but i can't think of one.

    TURTLE

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,847
    Metal coat hanger? Ceiling hanging wire?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Louisiana , USA
    Posts
    3,280
    Originally posted by the dangling wrangler
    Metal coat hanger? Ceiling hanging wire?
    This is Turtle

    i can see using these two when you attach the wire to each side of the return air filter grill but just run through them would give some support but could be pulled through with a little dirt on the filter. i was thinking of something of the stiff ness of a welding rod or like so.

    TURTLE

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,874
    Originally posted by turtle
    Originally posted by the dangling wrangler
    Metal coat hanger? Ceiling hanging wire?
    This is Turtle

    i can see using these two when you attach the wire to each side of the return air filter grill but just run through them would give some support but could be pulled through with a little dirt on the filter. i was thinking of something of the stiff ness of a welding rod or like so.

    TURTLE

    Why do all that when you can just throw them away and get a good filter,
    Those things are junk.
    always have been and always will be.
    Do youself and a customer a favor, use a good filter.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    I find that a hog hair filter that is properly cut to size will allow for more dust stacking without reduced air flow then any other similarly effective filter on the market. It is the stacking of dust creating an increased fpm through the filter that causes other filters to not be as good and to be more harmful to equipment.

    I use the hanger wire that is used to hold batt insulation between joists. These rods are about the thickness of coat hangers but are a bit stiffer.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,874
    Junk.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,874
    What would you want ,
    or what do you use ?

    I have a spacegard,
    Most of us in the field use a decent or very good filter.
    Not Hog hair,

    Homeowners that don't know the good better best , use hog hair, cause "thats what came with the furnace 8 yrs ago"
    when I bought it.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Louisiana , USA
    Posts
    3,280
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    I find that a hog hair filter that is properly cut to size will allow for more dust stacking without reduced air flow then any other similarly effective filter on the market. It is the stacking of dust creating an increased fpm through the filter that causes other filters to not be as good and to be more harmful to equipment.

    I use the hanger wire that is used to hold batt insulation between joists. These rods are about the thickness of coat hangers but are a bit stiffer.
    This is Turtle.

    i can't picture that wire use to hold the batts in but thanks for i have a job where the door mate filter are being pulling through with just a little of dirt on them. they are 24" X 24" and are very weak to hold in place.

    TURTLE

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Louisiana , USA
    Posts
    3,280

    TURTLE [/B][/QUOTE]


    Why do all that when you can just throw them away and get a good filter,
    Those things are junk.
    always have been and always will be.
    Do youself and a customer a favor, use a good filter.
    [/B][/QUOTE]

    This is Turtle.

    Well you see i do a lot of work for People who would mirror Fred Sandford and they have got use to these door mate filters and love them for the washing them out and using them over and over again for up to 5 to 8 years. Also churches love them for you can go maybe 4 or 5 months between washing them. If you leave the citys and come to the country these horse hair filter will come into play.

    TURTLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event