Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We had the same issue last month. replaced the high pressure switch after performing all the same checks. Problem solved. There is a schrader so replacing the switch is simple.

Moideen you need to show the full avatar picture. I saw it in a safety training class and the unit is like 8 stories high.

Ok I have been able to see it happen this morning. It transitioned and then shut down with the starter transition fault. I have some high pressure switches on order but it looks like that I will will have to recover the refrigerant to change it. This pressure switch has a cap tube from the switch to the fitting on the compressor. Trane part number# SWT01211.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    Ok I have been able to see it happen this morning. It transitioned and then shut down with the starter transition fault. I have some high pressure switches on order but it looks like that I will will have to recover the refrigerant to change it. This pressure switch has a cap tube from the switch to the fitting on the compressor. Trane part number# SWT01211.
    good for you! you found the hard part. did it transition or not? now you know it did, but the chiller didn't know it...makes troubleshooting much easier doesn't it! however, it is odd that the starter transitioned but didn't said that it didn't. that makes me think that the 1K6 (or whatever compressor is tripping) aux is not making or there is a bad voltage from the board to that switch.

make sure that you check out the high pressure switch at E5. many meters can record the highest and lowest voltage. perhaps you want to 'tee' in your meter and see how low the voltage really goes and if it coordinates with the transition trips. don't rule out the board either.
    It's tube brushing season...93% done (39.35 miles of tubing)...only 1,242 tubes to go!

Original member of the Raccoon Brotherhood.

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!

I will look into the aux relay. I have changed these before but did not seem to make a difference. I have thought of the board but I have 3 other RTAA units that are doing the same thing at different times. Some worse than others. I will check voltage. Thanks for all your help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12