Thread: Pumpkins

Pumpkins

What happened to my pumpkin? I bought 2 identical pumpkins several weeks before Halloween and decorated both with push in wood decorations only, not carved. One pumpkin went to Grandsons house as is still in perfect shape today November 8th. The second pumpkin went to Grand Ma's house which is a residential care facility for seniors. The pumpkin at the care facility rotted within 1 week, so we bought her a second pumpkin which also rotted in about a week. Is there something in the air at the facility? Do I have too much time on my hands? Any thoughts?

This is not a trick question.

Is it warmer and more humid at the residential care facility? There may also be more spores there. It's not possible to answer your question with the information you provided.
    -If you won't turn it on then nothing else matters.

I'm wasn't necessarily asking for the definitive answer with details provided, just wandering if there is a possible problem, or does a care facility of this type have more IAQ problems than my house or your house?

Considering there are a heck of a lot more people and bedpans I would say the IAQ there probably has more VOC's including all the cleaning agents. The few I have been in have Heat Pump RTU's so I am not so sure how they maintain/monitor IAQ.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.