Thread: blower area rattle

Post Likes
    I have a York Deluxe Diamond 95 that has recently started making a rattling noise that seems to be coming from the blower area. This noise started about 3 weeks ago and got progressively worse. A service technician replaced the blower motor yesterday, didn't help. Any idea what this may be. The cage seems tight to the furnace, there is no noise spinning the blower wheel by hand. The furnace is about 4 1/2 years old. The technician thinks it may be the blower wheel...thoughts?

Jeff

Post Likes
    The wheel may be the problem.. I have seen it many times..
    Please give us the model # of the furnace and size of the a/c and we may have more advice..

Many times the blower wheel and blower motor goes bad due to the ductwork being to small.. Have your tech check the TESP(total external static pressure), this will help determine if the ductwork needs reworked.. Also, make sure you change your filter at correct intervals not when it is plugged solid..

Good luck
    J

Post Likes
    Furnace model # is P1xuc14n09501b I do not have the coil # with me but it is a 3 ton York full case coil. Like I said the furnace is 4 1/2 years old and the motor was not the problem so it wasn't bad. I replace the filter every spring and fall.

Jeff

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in