I just received this info from Honeywell:

"The MERV rating on F200E1037 is 13. The initial pressure drop is 0.28 in. Wc and the air flow maximum capacity is 2000cfm"

Can I assume this PD is at 2000cfm? I am running about 500cfm, with a .05 in PD on my Merv10 EZ-Flex filter. I would like to upgrade to the Honeywell, but not if it will harm the equipment.

Originally posted by TConnors
    I just received this info from Honeywell:

"The MERV rating on F200E1037 is 13. The initial pressure drop is 0.28 in. Wc and the air flow maximum capacity is 2000cfm"

Can I assume this PD is at 2000cfm? I am running about 500cfm, with a .05 in PD on my Merv10 EZ-Flex filter. I would like to upgrade to the Honeywell, but not if it will harm the equipment.
    Merv 14 will not work on constant speed air handler.

Use a 5" pleated filter ( or double/triple the filter area ) when changing to a higher efficiency filter.

Why do you require > a Merv 10 filter?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

A Merv 10 came with my Carrier unit, it's a 5"x20"x25" "EZ-Flex" media filter. Honeywell use to be a Merv 10 (for their FC200 units), now they changed it to a Merv 13. The Honeywell fits in place of my EZ-Flex, so I thought I'd change to Merv 13.

I get bacteria/mold growing on my coil even with Merv-10, creating DSS. I was hoping that a good coil cleaning and Merv 13 filter might help. I really think a Merv 13 filter (or Merv 10 or 11) AFTER the coil, would prove more beneficial... but I know 2 filters = way to much PD.

Add UV

Originally posted by TConnors
    Honeywell use to be a Merv 10 (for their FC200 units), now they changed it to a Merv 13. The Honeywell fits in place of my EZ-Flex, so I thought I'd change to Merv 13.

I get bacteria/mold growing on my coil even with Merv-10, creating DSS. I was hoping that a good coil cleaning and Merv 13 filter might help.

I really think a Merv 13 filter (or Merv 10 or 11) AFTER the coil, would prove more beneficial... but I know 2 filters = way to much PD.
    Filter will do very little, if anything, in addressing a mold concern.

The A/C system operation seems like is may not be
    "up-to-par". Can you maintain < 54% Relative Humidity Continuously in the summer?

Also, UV should be investigated to address mold issue.

http://www.ultravation.com/residential_products.html

And/Or add dehumidifier per "Teddy Bear" (HVAC-Talk associate ) recommendation.

Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Could be a problem with your system itself. If, for whatever reason, your evap. coil is running too cold (usually because of an airflow problem) you could conceivably get mold on the coil &, as a result, DSS. Call a pro & have him look into it.

But your MERV 13 filter ain't gonna cure your mold & DSS problem, no way.
    WHY?

No problem with humidity, have a SanteFe dehumidifier, so always 45-50%. I am considering UV.

I do think it's the system "design" that's the problem. Three story house, with supply plenum straight shot up. So when the fan stops, all the cold air "settles" and keeps the 1st floor coil very cold and wet. I've been running the fan continuous, and seems to have helped some... but once DSS starts, I think the only solution is UV, probably one on each side of the coil (flat coil, 2 speed fan/compressor).