We are installing 12 split systems in Death Valley CA, they are Coleman units using R-410. Coleman does not want to come to Johnstone Supplies training center to teach us how to charge and test it. Who else is available, like most HVAC contractors I would prefer to have training here in Fresno, CA center of CA and not have to rent a room to go else where like Carries school in Sacramento or others in other states. If there is no chance to get them here who know who to call for training elsewhere.

Assuming you have a C-20 license for California, your local supply house should have a class for the brand they sell.
    It's better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

Buy me a plane ticket and a room. I'll fly to Cali and do a class. I've never been to Fresno. Might find I like the weather.

I am up here in sacramento and have been attending our community college here, they have an excellant program for HVAC . Through the schools bookstore I got an esco 410a book and took the ESCO exam for 410a. If Johnstone cant help you , you might check with the community college in fresno, I am sure they would have a similar book and instructor that you could test with

I am not sure of the value of it as far as any state certs are required, but for basic training and having a "course" completed, try this: http://www.qwik.com/R410A/R410A-home.html

paul

Thumbs up Thank you that will work

Originally posted by tecman
    I am not sure of the value of it as far as any state certs are required, but for basic training and having a "course" completed, try this: http://www.qwik.com/R410A/R410A-home.html

paul

Dang. No trip to Cali.

My 410 training was 4 hours at an apex supply seminar with a trane rep....wasnt much I'll tell you...discussed the oil...discussed the higher pressures...took a test....BAM !...trane certified in 410...lol

They had it at a really nice conference center with the most fancy buffet I have ever seen...no golden corral..it was niceeeeeeeeee.

I ate like a pig. ~:>