Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    ahh ok, may follow my advice still , disable one ckt and put some limit start w 60% on the running one , be much better for the machine longer runs , less starts , you should still have alarms to ems in which case it faults stan
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

any of the Trane gurus know if there are remote contacts on chiller per a/b ckts to remotely enable? or just the main run? stan

I gather if you have Tracer it can communicate this digitally?

The UCM just has the main start stop input. It takes control of Circuit A and B from there. That is food for thought for sure to try once it's back up working the way she needs to be

Quote Originally Posted by stanbyyourword View Post
    any of the Trane gurus know if there are remote contacts on chiller per a/b ckts to remotely enable? or just the main run? stan

I gather if you have Tracer it can communicate this digitally?
    I think you are correct on the first statementas far as enabling a certain circuit not just a main run.
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Hi "main run." ? as to the individual circuit remote contacts , I just read diagram and yes they are available , so you could have ems guys program to alternate ckts for even runs , stan

Hi "main run." ? as to the individual circuit remote contacts , I just read diagram and yes they are available , so you could have ems guys program to alternate ckts for even runs , stan
    This
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

main run as 100% got it

i would not recommend 'disabling' any circuit for an oversized condition. i do agree with current limiting the chiller during the low load times of the year to give the chiller a chance to have some run time without excessive cycling. this can be done by the BAS and it can be done manually.

unfortunately, the current limit is for the chiller %RLA instead of the individual circuits/compressors, however, it may still help.

i hope all goes well with your wife. talk about it A LOT with her. our 3rd pregnancy was a very early miscarriage...like 2 weeks into the pregnancy...we didn't talk about it much because it was an 'accident' and we didn't plan on it and we never had any other children...i did not think it was a big deal...WRONG! good luck!
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

I agree with Jayguy. Also, you can set your "differential to start" setpoint up high to prevent short cycling.

I'm also very sorry to hear about your baby.

Hi guys where as I would almost certainly always agree and follow you trane vets to a Tee , I stand with disabling stand-by circuit and alternating monthly on building controls , with same recommendation of capacity/current limit set way down say 60% as a start. Remember the key * this equipment is so oversized its still short cycling in summer load months, unless theres valve control piping issues , which for now we can assume there isnt. Its still two chillers in a way , (even though I do understand the characteristics that make them common),and I would treat them as such, and enable the standby circuit as needed in case of under capacity, same as you would a completely redundant stand-by chiller, The bad part is he says his controls are very old , who knows how versatile , regards stan

Hi guys where as I would almost certainly always agree and follow you trane vets to a Tee , I stand with disabling stand-by circuit and alternating monthly on building controls , with same recommendation of capacity/current limit set way down say 60% as a start. Remember the key * this equipment is so oversized its still short cycling in summer load months, unless theres valve control piping issues , which for now we can assume there isnt. Its still two chillers in a way , (even though I do understand the characteristics that make them common),and I would treat them as such, and enable the standby circuit as needed in case of under capacity, same as you would a completely redundant stand-by chiller, The bad part is he says his controls are very old , who knows how versatile , regards stan
    i understand what you are talking about and it isn't a bad idea. the only problem that i have with it (other than the old BAS controls) is that if 1 circuit trips off-line (for whatever reason), you do not have a back up circuit ready to go. if you trust your BAS to react quickly and correctly, then you have a reasonable idea...i just don't trust BAS guys to understand how to react properly.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

hi Jay, yes of course , but thats the whole "proper commissioning" thing , i`d say you have to have the run status signals to bms, maybe 1 hr registered run time , controls enable standby ckt. Local chiller controls will stage this ckt as normal if rqu`d. And if alarm signal sent , instantly enable other ckt , Its good to have extra capacity of course, but has to setup correctly , eg chiller cycling the unloaders to death , stan

Unfortunately the BAS system in this building still has a taradactyl that flies from the server room to the chiller to hit start and stop. I'm in the process of getting a bid together to update to a brand new BAS system.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast