Post Likes

Continental CPT 92 top rail not cooling

PSI- 55/225 (404a), bottom of case is perfect, when I flip the switch to the top rail, I can hear the solenoid come on, suction line seems "cool" and liquid line warm, but nothing on top.

thoughts
    Let's give nukes a chance.

Post Likes
    bang on the txv and solenoid for the rail with a wrench.... [ i did not say that ]...or, counting all turns so you can return to original position, run txv stem in and out... sounds like one of the two is the problem if the charge is correct, but pressures look pretty good...also check voltage at solenoid...

Post Likes
    I've seen these be slightly undercharged enough to cool the bottom perfect but not enough for the top when it's calling. Maybe try adding a few oz of gas and see what happens.

4. Likes trippintl0 liked this post
    Post Likes
    PSI's looked normal, but there are bubbles in the sight glass, Ill try to sneak up on it..thanks

Post Likes
    Turn off base tstat so you are only dealing with rail. If it pumps down and shuts off, probably just needs new txv powerhead. In my experience they use low temp powerhead, a KT43SZ for r404a.

If it runs but just not good enough, then aa7483 has probably nailed it. I too have seen numerous prep tables low on charge that are still cold on base but warm on top.

Since most of these tables have an undersized condensing unit, the rail does little cooling anyways until the base cycles off. So, if you have hardware issues like doors not closing well, etc., often the base still temps ok, and the complaint is food in cold pans temping 45. Any ambient above about 75, you'll get compressor tripping overload regularly, due to the fact it is a low temp compressor and is operating outside its design conditions whenever base is cycled on. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Thanks trippintLO..i replaced the txv a couple years ago, but will try that as well

Post Likes
    Good luck!