Post Likes

question for you experts

OK, I got an under the counter bar cooler. It's an old Coldstream bb72. I was told coldstream is no more.

The problem is the pan leaks. It's a pain to get at (I have to remove beers and put it back in, and I couldn't drink it in uniform anyway ). Pan leaks in to the box and then into the insulation/under the sheet metal and leaking outside as black gunk that looks like motor oil/kitchen grease. Evap coil support is one piece with the pan. To remove pan looks like I also have to either remove the evap coil or detach it from the pan somehow. Can't have the cooler not operational, as a bar without bar cooler is pretty useless.

My question is there a liner available or something that I could use to make a liner. I've used food grade silicone on other cooler pan before with some success, but it requires dry surface, and trying to scrape as much rust as possible and making the pan dry is a pain in the derrier.

What do you think of brush grade roofing tar or the spray on rubber coating/plastidip to line the pan? There's no food touching it at all, not even food or drink garnishes inside.

thanks for your input.
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

Post Likes
    Is this like a built into the back bar counter kinda cooler? Or does it actually come out from the bar?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    built into the back bar counter. I'm sure it would comes out once you disassemble the countertop and drink cabinet on top of it.

Post Likes
    With a make & Model I'd check with Refrigeration Hardware Supply or Case Parts.

If it worth it replace the evaporator assembly!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    With a make & Model I'd check with Refrigeration Hardware Supply or Case Parts.

If it worth it replace the evaporator assembly!
    Cold stream BB72. That's as much a I have right now. Been retrofitted to R434a or something....