Hobart LX30H frozen at startup

Hobart LX30H frozen at startup

Hey guys,
    I'm a handyman for a homeless shelter in Tennessee, so our budget is really thin. Our gear is getting older and generally I try to make every piece go as long as it can. To that end:

I have a LX30H that has, as the wife puts it, "bowed up and stopped." I checked the power and that's all okay all the way into the machine.

Opening the control box I found that all the LED lights on the circuit board were lit. Dunno if that's normal or not.

Pressing "ON" gave me the usual flash of all indicating elements on the display,
    then "30"
    then "H"
    then "17"

It's the "17" that throws me. Never seen that before. I've been able to dig through the error codes and fix a couple of problems with this machine before, but "17" is completely new to me. Can't find any reference to it in the limited literature Hobart makes available.

Water isn't running into the machine, though the water supplies are indeed open. I did notice that when I poured some water into the machine, the heater came on.

Also, pressing "WASH" doesn't yield any results and neither does "OFF." In order to get the machine to turn off, I have to press "ON" and "OFF" simultaneously.

Any thoughts? I'd like to keep the Ministry's money for program expenses instead of lining the Hobart mechanic's pockets if I can help it.

Many thanks to all who can help.

Could be any number of things, all I can offer is irresponsible speculation at this point.....like it sounds like a bad control board...however.....
    What does this thing do after it flashes '17'? Does 17 stay stuck on the display or does pd come on and the pump motor and drain body engage, draining the unit? Or does it eventually show an error code, most likely E3? Start with the two glass fuses between the two boards, make sure they are good. One feeds power to the fill/rinse solenoid and drain solenoid, the other to the chemical pumps. If they are good and you say all the LED's are lit on the control board then I would suspect the board is bad. There is no '17' that is supposed to be flashing on at any time on that thing, again pointing to the control board. You could try de-energizing the unit, pulling the control board out and cleaning the ribbon cables and plugs with a high quality contact cleaner, then surrounding the board with dry rice for 24 hours to (hopefully) dry out any moisture which may be corrupting the board.....Good luck!

I wasn't completely clear, was I?

It doesn't flash 17, that's stuck on the display.

It flashes that other stuff you expect to see, but when it flashes the 17, the 17 stays put and everything comes to a screeching halt. It won't finish the checkout routine, no initial fill, nothing.

I did notice that when I got to it the machine was pulled several inches out from where it usually lives, under the drainboard end of the spraydown sink. I wonder if somebody got overenthusiastic with the sprayer, and some water infiltrated into the control board area and cooked something expensive. And of course it is about 16 years old; it could be the board is just cooked from sheer age and use.

No obvious sign of water damage that I could see; the whole thing is fairly warm and any water left could have evaporated.

Again, I would 'soak' the control board in a bag of dry rice after cleaning the various ribbon cable plugs with contact cleaner.....If all else fails you may have to deal with the local service office, ask for their best tech/service adviser and throw up a prayer....I am amazed at how well I can make service calls go in non profit facilities.....