Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I did a search of this site on the Lochinvar Knight boiler and two threads before had no responses. Any idea why? Is this not a popular choice or too new or expensive.

My fourth bidder who came in and told me he will only do top of the line installations (he was a little arrogant) or he won't do the project, has proposed this boiler. He said he only installs Pinnacle Boilers on his 'lower end' installations, and scoffed at the contractor who proposed Buderus.

However, as cocky as the guy is he knows his overall system integration (I know just enought to get myself in trouble), so I'd like to do a little checking on his choice. Also, the price for the Knight is pretty stiff.

Not a lot of wetheads on here. Might ask on http://www.heatinghelp.com and see what they think.

used more in commercial applications --
    harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

The Knight is gaining popularity where I live, mainly due to the fact that it is a lower cost alternative to the Viessmann Vitoden. Though I have yet to put in a Knight, so I can give very little opinion on it, suffice to say it does have a stainless steel heat exchanger as compared to the Weil McLain Ultra which is aluminized. It has a decent warranty backing it up. And would probably be a good choice, depending on what you are planning on doing, as far as radiant, baseboard, air handlers.

If price were no object, first choice would be the Veissmann Vitoden. It is a excellent unit with years of operation in Europe behind it. Easy to program & use.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Over at the wall, that won't be a top end system, but nothing wrong with it either. Really, there is no "bad" mod/con boilers, each has its pros and cons. What really counts is the pump,pipe and boiler sizing and installation. Then comes availability of service and parts.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

I love Viessman......always will.

But I don't see why he laughed at Buderus ?!

I know nothing about boilers, we only see forced air heat around here. But I do know this. I wouldnt deal with a arrogant guy like that. He might not be doing any obvious brand bashing but he is doing it in his own roundabout way. Theres just too many knowledgeable companies with good people out there that you can deal with than have a arrogant guy like that. If something goes wrong with these kinda peoples installs, they are a pain to deal with because they'll insist its nothing they did to cause this. Anyway, thats my 2 cents. LOL
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Thumbs up Knight Boilers

Two of us put 34 in last heating season at Scott AFB..no problems yet.

I've had my eye on the Night. Just haven't sold one yet.

I have done a few. I thought they were OK. I installed a POOLPAK and an AAON heater in a locker room. That was pretty cool.

Find a guy you like, tell that guy "sorry"........... You can call all the equipment manufactures yourself first. They will design and set spec for you. The engineers love that stuff, then you put the project out to bid.

I installed one earlier in the year. Not a whole lot of run time on it yet, but so far so good. I am using this boiler in place of the munchkin line now. I like the munchkins, but the knight is a better product for a similar price, in my opinion. And as others have said, the vitodens is an awesome boiler too, but much more $$$$. Also, nothing wrong with buderous that I see.

Arrogant Guy Likes L/Knight

Quote Originally Posted by rich pickering View Post
    Over at the wall, that won't be a top end system, but nothing wrong with it either. Really, there is no "bad" mod/con boilers, each has its pros and cons. What really counts is the pump,pipe and boiler sizing and installation. Then comes availability of service and parts.
    I have read a bit on the mod/con boilers. Like Rich P says, most of them perform well, expecially when heating the home. I've heard that showers are OK too but if you have to fill your bath tub with hot water to sooth your aches and pains, forget it, you're out of luck. Most simply don't have the "water volume" to do it. That said, I'm interested in the Trinity Ti150C.

You gotta remmeber

that most contractors like to work with one or 2 brands so they're familiar
    with the install. If you're so hung up a specific brand you're gonna have to poll many contractors. You have a budget and you're looking for specific
    features. Go with the contractor that you feel knows his stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast