What's the right way to control humidity in winter?
    I have been shopping for a heat-only (single stage FHA gas furnace) thermostat with integrated humidifier control. I've looked at the totaltouch 206-1400, the ritetemp 8085c and the White Rodgers 1f97-391. These are the only ones I could find.

The TT and WR turn the humidifier on with the furnace, they both even have ways of throttling it down to avoid condensation (the TT adjusts based on outside temp, the WR adjusts based on furnace cycle time).

The RT turns the FAN on WHENEVER the stat calls for humidity, seems like a radically different way to do it.

I'm in New England where it gets cold and dry. What's the best way to control humidity?

any other good stats I missed w/humidity ctl?
    thanks
    /j

well, according to the Bryant and ClimateTouch, you use the fan with a mist humidifier, but NOT with a drum humidifier. (if anyone looks this up in the future)
    /j

i have a humidifier that comes on with the furnace.
    not to cold here 70's but boy is it dry. has rained 2 times in a year if more than that i didnt see it.

Ultimately warmer air has a lower humidity than unheated air therefore will absorb it better from the humidifier. Controlling the humidifer in winter is fairly easy and a simple return mounted control is generally sufficient and accrurate. If its incorporated into the thermostat, it still gets controlled by the furnace run time. Other factors such as oversized furnaces will not have sufficient run time to allow the humidifier to work properly. In reality the application is far more important than the control.