Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Jersey

I would take a shot at it. I will be done with school on the 15th of this month. let me know how I can send my resume.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey43 View Post
    I would take a shot at it. I will be done with school on the 15th of this month. let me know how I can send my resume.

Thanks
    Missouri is kinda of a commute to Jersey.......but you can send me a PM or email.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyL215 View Post
    I am looking to find on how far a condenser should be off the ground in a flood zone, i called and they guy said one foot above the flood elevation anyone know what the flood elevation is in ocean city nj?? please help
    Dude, this is Job Discussion, not Ask Our Pros. Your thread was moved there because thats where this question belongs.

Flood elevation is determined by a surveyor and shouldve been done with your homeowner's insurance. If you're looking to install something, your contractor would handle this.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

ascj
    are you the one to interview new applicants? If so, what are you expecting to hear from them about their experience or knowledge? I was in process of hiring new guy for our maintenance department and most of applicants were freshly from HVAC school . The guy who got a job was able to explain subcooling and superheat without taking time to think about it. Other applicants looked at me like I had two heads after I asked the question. I believe that most of trade schools are there to make money and they do not care about what their students learn.

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    ascj
    are you the one to interview new applicants? If so, what are you expecting to hear from them about their experience or knowledge? I was in process of hiring new guy for our maintenance department and most of applicants were freshly from HVAC school . The guy who got a job was able to explain subcooling and superheat without taking time to think about it. Other applicants looked at me like I had two heads after I asked the question. I believe that most of trade schools are there to make money and they do not care about what their students learn.
    No......I'm just a worker bee.

My 2 cents......I never went to tech school, but my friend and I went to the same high school and took the same classes. He definitely knew more than me. Because I didn't care to learn.....just pass.

People will take what they want from any training or schooling.

You still looking? I know a guy I am trying to get out of my house. Fresh out of tech school.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

Quote Originally Posted by ascj View Post
    He definitely knew more than me. Because I didn't care to learn.....just pass.
    So you were a gifted student that could pass without studding.
    Where did you learn the trade? Armed forces or apprentice program and could you still rely on your gift or you were forced to do some studding?

Quote Originally Posted by sigma View Post
    So you were a gifted student that could pass without studding.
    Where did you learn the trade? Armed forces or apprentice program and could you still rely on your gift or you were forced to do some studding?
    I consider myself lucky not gifted. Just did enough to get that piece of paper. I learned the trade by doing it and learning from all the knowledgeable people I have worked with over the years.

And from making alot of mistakes.

BTW- My office is currently not looking anymore.

ascj, I thought you worked for a union shop?

Quote Originally Posted by fitzyfitta View Post
    ascj, I thought you worked for a union shop?
    That would be a negative.

All Good brother

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12