Goodman HP ?

Thread: Goodman HP ?

Working on a 1 1/2 ton Goodman heat pump.My prob. is can not get but 120 degree on vapor line to inside coil .I jumperd the rev. valve blocked off cond fan got head pressure up to 300 lb. SP = 70 LB. this sounds good, switch back to heat mode got 130 F unit seems to have a full charge i should have around 160 F OS TEMP = 45 SUCTION temp = 25 F let out a little freon raised temp 5 degree . Got any ideas ? going back to check on rv. valve tuesday.

I'm not so sure that 100+ thing is right on. Just for fun I've checked a few lately and didn't get them near that warm. Checked a friend's 12 SEER Lennox. Pressures right where they should be, airflow around 400 cfm/ton, temp rise right where I'd expect but still the gas line was cooler than that "rule of thumb" would call for.

130/25 in 45 degree weather seems low though. I'd expect over 200 head, near 50 on the suction. Is this a matched system?

Yes it is. 45 degree out side it should do the job with out heat strips, got me in the wondering mode. Home owner says when it drops to around 40 F out side it will not heat the house with out strips on. inside temp 70 .I have got a 2 1/2 ton goodman 15 yr. old my strips come on around 32 degree. inside temp 70.

What are calling the "vapor" line? You should have about 110Ί above ambient on the hot gas discharge line (large line) at the service valve.

A better place to measure hot gas discharge is on the hot gas discharge line about 6" from the compressor. The thermostatic sensor must be secure to the tubing and must be very well insulated for a proper reading. The system must have been operational for at least a continuous 20 minutes, 15 minutes between adjustments.

The problem with checking at the discharg line at the large service valve is that it does not take into consideration any problems with the reversing valve.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV