Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think you can clean em with gas....at least we used to before the price of gas went up so high, now we just replace em with a .00001 that way they don't need to work to good.

Boy I've missed this place,
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

I had a problem with a ruud PS last night. Sometimes it opens and drops out the burners. I went to back off one of the steakons and the dam thing broke. What a POS!
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Is a steakon similiar to the old sandwich meat "steakums?" I have worked on a lot of RHEEM/RUDD and other brands and I have never seen meat hanging off of the pressure switches. Is that a regional thing where you live?

Oops, that would be stake-on not steakon. Subconciously I was thinking about food. On this furnace it had a neg. pressure switch w/ 3 terminals com, NC, NO. I went to back off the nc term. STAKE-ON and the plastic term, area broke. So I installed a universal 3 pole PS and set it to the proper rating.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

the kinked hose backed water up into the system, backing up into the inducer fan houseing you can here water hitting the inducer squirrel cage area.it then can flow into the hose leading to the drain preasure switch.the silver type switch sometimes shack the water out and be ok.the black preasure switch have to replace.takeing the hose off the bottom of the inducer area the water will slowly drip out.just enough to not block the hose at the inducer and you will be ok.i never have to remove the inducer fan unless fan bad. it the main presure switch failing possible cause water traped in 2"or 3" phttp://hvac-[img]talk.com/vbb/images/icons/icon11.gifvc pipe,bird[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12