Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Carrier 19xr teardown interval

Have a carrier 19xr with 29,000 hours. At what interval is a teardown recomended?

We usually go with "If it ain't broke don't fix it". If it runs good and regular oil sample testing is not producing anything of concern just ler her run. We have several machines with over 50,000 hrs on them and never been apart. The last 19XL we did was at 48,000 hrs when the oil sample turned up with high tin content and led to new bearings throughout.

hours are important, but the type of hours are more important. does the unit surge often, "poor tower conditions", start and stop alot. these are the questions that you need to ask yourself. a little preventative maintenance is worth the money spent.

20,000 if unit has run under low load condition for long periods ...take oil sample from oil filter.

The Carrier Corporation recommends a “high Speed” assembly inspection (ST-3) every 10,000 to 13,000 hours of operation. For machines that have 20,000 to 22,000 hours of operation. The Carrier Corporation recommends a complete major inspection (ST-6). This includes the (ST-1) annual maintenance, the same “high speed” assembly inspection as in the ST-3 Plus transmission bearings and gears inspection.
    hope help you also we recommend oil sample in a yearly basis plus vibration analisis

Quote Originally Posted by ESS CHILL WATER View Post
    The Carrier Corporation recommends a “high Speed” assembly inspection (ST-3) every 10,000 to 13,000 hours of operation. For machines that have 20,000 to 22,000 hours of operation. The Carrier Corporation recommends a complete major inspection (ST-6). This includes the (ST-1) annual maintenance, the same “high speed” assembly inspection as in the ST-3 Plus transmission bearings and gears inspection.
    hope help you also we recommend oil sample in a yearly basis plus vibration analisis
    Thank you your post, would you like to let me know that where can I find the above documents?
    Can

Hi Can share with you the complete scope of work for ST1 , ST3 , ST6 this particular code we handling internal when i just work for the factory , let me check with my papers and certanly can share with you .

regards

Oscar

Dear ESS Chill Water,

Thank you for your reply, I'm working for repair and T & C of the Carrier centrifugal chiller from 1987 up to now. I know that how long time need to inspec the hi-speed and overhaul the compressor. But never find any document to support us to recommend the customer to do the above work. Hope that you can send me a copy of ST1, ST3 and ST6 by email.

Thank you and best regards!
    Can

Dear CAN

for the vintage of the unit that you going to overhaul must be a 19DG,DK,DM, or may ve a big unit 19C or 17FA ??? can you send me the model of the unit may be change the time of inspections , the unit also may work with R-11 or retrofit to R-123 ????? as soon as you send me the info i will check my files and share with you , also internal bulletins.

regards
    Oscar

Dear ESS Chill Water,

I'm talking the documents for the 19XL, 19XR, 19EX, 17EX and 17FA.
    Can

K CAN LET ME CHECK AND I WILL FEED BACK

REGARDS

OSCAR

P.S PLEASE PROVIDE ME YOUR EMAIL

Quote Originally Posted by ESS CHILL WATER View Post
    K CAN LET ME CHECK AND I WILL FEED BACK

REGARDS

OSCAR

P.S PLEASE PROVIDE ME YOUR EMAIL
    southeng@biznetvigator.com
    Can