Post Likes

Mcquay PEH087 Oil and IGV Problem

Hi all, I have this chiller PEH087 it gives me a closed vane alarm and low oil delta P pressure. I read the feed pump pressure it was 950 KPa first run; then it declined to 720 KPa the net Pressure was 323 KPa. I ask if I have a problem of oil leak in the inlet vane guide or the problem in the Pump itself.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Amjadtab View Post
    Hi all, I have this chiller PEH087 it gives me a closed vane alarm and low oil delta P pressure. I read the feed pump pressure it was 950 KPa first run; then it declined to 720 KPa the net Pressure was 323 KPa. I ask if I have a problem of oil leak in the inlet vane guide or the problem in the Pump itself.
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    O-rings are most likely trashed.
    Open and see.
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    vane closure switch needs 50psi to operate. at 323kpa you are way low. you should be around double that. if your lucky it may just be the regulator at oil sump. that's where I would start.

4. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
    Post Likes
    The problem of low oil appeared after the problem of closed vane alarm I would rather think the problem not in pump

Post Likes
    if you think the problem is in the front end then pull load and unload relay or disable sa/sb valve and run oil pump. that way no oil will feed front end. while you are oing that see what your oil pressure is before and after filter.