Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hey guys help me out with these questions ive got a test coming up.

1. why should you never front seat a diccharge valve with the compressor running?
    2. what does the amperage of a compressor do when the head pressure rises.
    3. what would the symptoms be for a compressor
    that has two cylinders and only one is pumping?
    4. is the full-load amperage printed on all compressors?

Are you serious? Not trying to be a smart*ss but this stuff is pretty basic and should be in your classroom material.

1. What happens to the discharge pressure as you begin to close the valve? What would happen if the high pressure safety was bad and the internal relief stuck?

2. As the head pressure rises, the compressor begans to work harder. What happens as a motor begans to work harder?

3. What would the symptoms be for your car engine where only 4 of the 8 pistons were pumping?

4. Semi-hermetics - yes. Tin cans - not always.

Hopefully this will stimulate your brain a little. If you need more help, let us know.
    "The problem is the average person isnít tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and itís not in the movies they watch, and itís not in the few books that they buy, they donít get it" - Jack Canfield

1) You should never close the discharge side while the compressor because it will blow up, being remember the compressor takes a low pressure gas and compresses it into a high pressure gas and if you close the valve it will keep compressing until something breaks.........

2)When the head pressure rises the amperage will rise beacuse it is doing more work and working harder.....

3)It would be rare to see one cylinder of two pumpming but if you did you would shows pressures and amperages similar to it having bad valves.....

4) No.....most will show RLA or FLA on the condensing unit but not alwayson compressors....Take the Model # and contact the local wholesaler to get the RLA or FLA

Hope the info helps and good luck.......

LOL Mark...........

luvcldair

Hey - no copying - this is a test
    "The problem is the average person isnít tuned in to lifelong learning, or going to seminars and so forth. If the information is not on television, and itís not in the movies they watch, and itís not in the few books that they buy, they donít get it" - Jack Canfield

Lightbulb

I was thinking the same thing man .........

glad you guys find humor with someone trying to learn.....

you guys were born knowing this stuff huh......

I was simply laughing at mark because we were typing our responces at the same time ........not laughing at you man relax....read my reply it just straight forward and answered your questions

Come on now icecuber, lighten up. The humor we found, if you look at the time of the posts, was that we both said basically the same thing within a minute of each other.

As far as knowing this stuff - I'm learning every day. I think we all are.

If you need help, ask. Nobody is making fun of you and I give you alot of credit for taking the initiative to ask....HOWEVER.....I also believe that if you have a question and we respond by spewing out some technical jargon without making you think a little, it's not doing you a whole lot of good.

Hello......hello.......hello....

Is there an echo in here?

Keep in mind guys im just starting out and i gather as much information from all areas that i can. I try to learn from a broad area and not just by a book. I always ask alot of questions when im working with other guys in my company. Then the next week while working with someone else i will ask the same questions to just see if there is something else i can expand on. The questions are basic i agree, and i had most right. My plan as always is to gather as much info as i can to expand on what im trying to learn.

Copeland CS20K6E-PFV RLA = 18.6
    (R= rated L = Load A = amps)
    (i.e. NOT RUNNING LOAD AMPS)

running amps will vary from 9.4 to 12.2,depending
    on conditions

as the amps will vary then FLA is a misnomer,
    so why ask about FLA, it is not on the nameplate
    FLA is not on any Tecumseh or Copeland Compressor

COMPRESORS are a variable load device, the amp load
    will change
    ex: on CS20K6E-PFV
    35 SUCT/120 COND = 11.1 AMPS