Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I live in west central illinois. I've been doing HVACR for 6 years now, and feel that I am underpaid. Everytime I do a service call, I never have to go back. Unless I have to order a part. So that means that I am at least decent at troubleshooting and repairs. I don't even know If I can ask this last question, but how much is the average pay for west central illinois at 6 years expierience? If this question can't be answered on here, then feel free to email me at XXXXXX

[Edited by Mod01 on 01-28-2006 at 10:53 PM]

depends on what kind of hvac work you do. and also it is against the rules to post your e-mail adress here

Mod01 Guest
    I moved your thread to the job section. Unless you're seeking a job, please don't put your email address in your posts.

Thanks.

I do mainly residential heating and AC, and commercial/light commercial refrigeration.

In SW Ohio

you'd be worth about 6-8 gallons of gas per hour.
    eventu rerum stolidi didicere magistro

You might want to look beyond $/hr and factor in benefits.
    How much per hour is your health insurance worth? Do you get to drive your truck home? Any vacation or sick days? All these things factor into the total package.
    How much you are worth is going to also depend on your cost of living. What is a fair wage in some parts of the country would be considered poverty in LA.
    How many srvice calls do you do in a day and maintain a 0 callback rate? 1 or 11? Big swing if you get my drift. Can you do installs? Do you ever "sell" a job while out on a service call.
    We all at times feel under paid. Talk to your boss. Discuss with him what you have to offer. See what others employers have to offer. Good luck. I hope it all works out well for you.

You'll make about 40% less than you think you are worth.

what part of IL?

How much do you make now? Do you have benefits? If so, what do they consist of?

i'd give you about $38/hr. full bennies too.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

mister freeze your problem is the town you live in.

i live in burlington and went to school at vaterott. did you go their?

anyway that town is so saturated with techs that no one can make any money. the owners assume that if you dont want to work for my rate then in a few more months their will be another tech along that will. we are looking for techs are you willing to move up the river?

well i live in south east alaska and make a wopping 25 an hour and i'm only a 3rd year apprentice but i'm in a union so that says why i make more actually i make like 4 dollars over the union scale cause i'm worth more then the union pays i guess. and i got great medical and retirment benefits

Depends on the price of gas in your area.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast