Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    461pat, find and read the IOM for this unit. If I remember right, a new unit in cooling mode should have 11-14 deg F rise across the source side piping and 8-10 deg F drop in heating mode. This must be established first.

If you can't get these numbers by adjusting the source side balancing valve, you need to verify there is correct water flow (see the IOM for GPM requirements). After that check for refrigerant leaks 'cause those pressures you posted are low.

I think the McQuay control board is cycling the RV to prevent the source side coil from freezing and splitting.

When it's appropriate, remind your customer about safe access to their equipment. Who suffers when you're dangling from your now broken wrist which was wiggled throught the sprinkler lines as the Water Bottle Co. takes out your ladder with his 2-wheel dolly? Stand up for yourself, stand up for all of us. That's BS.

Reminds me of the WSHP's I used to have to try and deal with near the Boston waterfront condos. They were mounted up between I beams and every thing else blocking removal of panels and components. How that type of installation ever passed code is beyond me.

Sound like switching from heat to cool might be some sort of freeze protection built into unit?. Definitely check your water temp. I work on a ton of carrier's and climate masters and find that an 80 degree loop works real well. Any colder, you'll get nuicance trips if the charge is off by the slightest ammount.

Sucker is low on froen

I'm glad you said it! It pays to keep reading before jumping in.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

if you can disconnect control and wire a tstat on and then check operation. if it has a mark IV board on it some of the mcquays required a conventional tstat over a heatpump stat ,

configured for electric heat . some times if you fed Y and O 24 volts board would act up

Do I win a prize?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12