Thread: T-stat Help

Just installed a honeywell 8320 using six wires to trane xv80 unit. all connections are good (triple checked). I tried using fan only or circular fan, but the t-stat just kept blinking/clicking. no response from the blower.

anybody having a similar experince before?

Please help.

thanks.

tungaw.

Originally posted by tungaw
    Just installed a honeywell 8320 using six wires to trane xv80 unit. all connections are good (triple checked). I tried using fan only or circular fan, but the t-stat just kept blinking/clicking. no response from the blower.

Please help.

thanks.

tungaw.
    "B" doesn't mean blower. I think.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

"G" is the fan relay which is properly connected to the "G" in the gas furnace conductor.

please let me know.

thanks.

Go to the furnace and check for power at the individual connections from the stat.
    Did you go to the furnace and connect R-G to see if blower would energize?

the blower works if heat is turned on and I also notice once the 2nd stage kicks in.

you mean to try and jump the R and G onductors? Before I try it, what is it suppose to indicate?

We cannot give any help you are request over the net at this site.

I just wanted you to know that B wasn't blower because I don't know your abilities, and some might assume B was for blower.

Originally posted by tungaw

Please help.

thanks.

tungaw.
    If all of the wires were connected correctly then it would not be "blinking/clicking".

It sounds like your grounded, not a good thing for that XV80 there.
    Sometimes when I consider what tremendous consequences come from little things, I am tempted to think there are no little things!

with single stage thermostat, everything was working well. I also noted the installer obtained a 24volt source to power my whole house humidifier from the furnace controller instead of getting it from a dedicated 24 volt source. could this be the reason why it might be grounded?

Sorry tungaw but we aren't really supposed to be doing the step thing.
    If you have 24 V present at the furnace and your connections are tight, you should see 24 V at the stat.
    If your blower energizes for heat and not for fan only, your control is probably defective or there is a problem with a short or ground.

thanks chillbilly. i'll do a service call tomorrow. i just wanted to make sure that the furnace is still okay to operate since somebody mentioned that it might be grounded.

thanks for the insights anyway.

tungaw.

Not to sound like an A hole, but you installed a thermostat on Saturday and are going to call for a service call on a Sunday? That call should qualify for the regular OT rate and a special "I can't beleive some people" rate. You may want to wait until Monday.

OOh! mr milkman! your a naughty one
    Btw, do you still deliver by horse and wagon, or did they finally give you a truck?