I just had a Carrier 110k 58CTA installed and am questioning the installers choice of attached products. I'm generally not one to pick apart someones work, but something here just doesn't look right. The furnace is mounted on its side - like the antique Ducane they hauled out to the yard. The new slab coil mated to the furnace is a Carrier CE3 5-ton - which matches the existing condenser. The return main duct is perhaps 1.5x the area of the furnace opening. Not a big difference. The area of the new coil is huge compared to the two. They had to fabricate angled ducts on both sides of the coil to funnel the air. In addition, the furnace and return duct are lined up, but the coil between them is off-center such that the the air would seem to blow mostly through a lower corner of the coil. Thinking back to my fluid-dynamics class in school, I imagine ineffective eddies and vortices in the off-center portions of the coil and funnel ducts. But hey - I am no HVAC tech. Am I concerned over nothing or do I have an issue?

Pictures if you really want to know.

Here is a picture. It may be difficult to see, but the bottom left corners of the furnace, coil, and out-going duct all line up. Thanks for your comments.

looks ok to me.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

at least its not a flat plate with a hole cut in it.

The offsets are fine that your worried about but are the ducts insulated on the inside? All the ducts should also be sealed with duct sealant or at least tape.

Thanks for the valuable input. I know the 'box' you see there is double-walled with some material sandwiched in there, but I do not know about the 'funnel' I didn't see it before it was installed. I'll take a peek and have it corrected if it's not. Thanks again.