Ruud Mod vs. Bryant 2-stage, Contractor 1 vs. 2 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thumbs down

originally posted by some guy who thinks he is a genius (techgenius)

R410a (Puron) is not the refrigerant of the future and will probably be a thing of the past before it is the thing of the future. R22 systems have a proven track record and in 15 years there will be direct replacements for r22 just like there are and have been for R12. DONT GO WITH A PURON SYSTEM THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED TO LAST AND THEY ARE NOISY AS HELL.

hey dude where did you learn this info only guys who know nothing say stupid things like that. its guys like you who overcharge 410 systems and make them loud and burn out early because they dont know what they are doing, do us all a favor buddy. i have yet to have a problem with one yet and my quietest systems are 410a and they work the better than r22 its a better refrigerant. why dont you stay off here and go back to hacking in r22 systems

[Edited by dynalowrider79 on 02-17-2006 at 03:06 PM]

Morning Jeff,

How did you do last night/ this moring with our very cold MN sub zero?

We had -18 here in Rochester.

Mayguy:

According to my home thermometer, we hit -15.2. It's now warming up nicely to +2. The new furnace did fine. I was doing a test of sorts. The setback was 58, with a call for 68 at 6am (knowing that I really wanted it to be 68 by 7:30am). It was 66 at 7:30 and 68 by 8:30 or so. I think it will work perfectly with a setback of 60 and a call for heat 1.5 hrs before I really want it. Sorry if this is confusing; I really liked my old Honeywell thermostat with adaptive intelligent recovery, where I just set it with a huge setback (to 55) and forgot about it. As you probably know, it would adaptaively set the time to call for heat to meet the target (starting very early in the morning on these subzero days). Too bad Honeywell doesn't make a truly modulating thermstat for home use with this feature. The good news is that the furnace did take the house from 58 to 68 in a reasonable amount of time in -15 degree weather. So, 75,000 BTU is sufficient. Now, if I can just get the venting redone (see other post), I think I'll be a happy camper.

I may of missed a reply from one of the Rheem guys, but I am not sure if this t-stat learns like the honywell does or not?

Look a fwe days ago, it was only 0, and this morning it was -20.. The t-stat hasn't had a chance to learn the "cold temp".. give it a few days to learn the home and weather.

I honestly dont think there is the same logic that honeywell uses. Honeywell holds the patent to that just like ranco holds the one to demand defrost.

Someone mentioned an hour, that could be right. Although if you are setting back that far, even the honeywell cannot anticipate a day when its 0 degrees out and the set back is nearly 15 degrees. Remember 0 degrees is close to full load and if the furnace is sized correctly, it would not be able to raise the temp in the house 15 degrees in an hour or two and then you pretty much defeat the purpose for setting it back.

Exactly. Setting back at -20 is like a heat pump trying to recover when at its balance point. If you have capacity to recover from a setback at -20, you is OVERSIZED!!!

When I know it's going to be -10 or colder, I lock my t-stat in and leave the temp alone.

Originally posted by dynalowrider79
    originally posted by some guy who thinks he is a genius (techgenius)

R410a (Puron) is not the refrigerant of the future and will probably be a thing of the past before it is the thing of the future. R22 systems have a proven track record and in 15 years there will be direct replacements for r22 just like there are and have been for R12. DONT GO WITH A PURON SYSTEM THEY ARE NOT DESIGNED TO LAST AND THEY ARE NOISY AS HELL.

hey dude where did you learn this info only guys who know nothing say stupid things like that. its guys like you who overcharge 410 systems and make them loud and burn out early because they dont know what they are doing, do us all a favor buddy. i have yet to have a problem with one yet and my quietest systems are 410a and they work the better than r22 its a better refrigerant. why dont you stay off here and go back to hacking in r22 systems

[Edited by dynalowrider79 on 02-17-2006 at 03:06 PM]

Ok, if you know sooooooooo much about 410a and you love it so much. What is the most crucial thing that you must maintain in a 410a system in order to have your ultimate efficiency?. And if you want to be an idiot by putting people down for expressing their opinion then you should'nt be a part of this discussion.

we give up, whats the answer?

I sure hope it doesnt apply to R-22.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345