I am thinking of relocating from Shreveport, La to Texas, probably the Austin or Dallas area. I am a proud union member, LOCAL 141, and am looking for information of union shops in these areas.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Theres a bunch of Texas guys on here. But I think you should ask R12Rules, on this site. Hes the man. Ask around for him, he does work in the austin and surrounding areas.

Texas --- union ---- I though that was an oxymoron.

there is the UA in Dallas but I know little about them. I almost applied to join a few years ago and then I started getting offers for management and teaching positions and realized I didnt want to break my back for another 10 - 20 years before I got senority or what ever before I could rest or nt kill myself depending on how you look at the situation. Unions are week in Texas to the best of my knowledge.

The UA is weak in Texas, but, good Union tech's are also
    hard to come by out here.

Regards........

I heard my name mentioned ..... if you want, I'll send you some names from the Austin area.

If you move to Dallas, you will have the same weather you are currently accustomed to. Everything Dallas gets moves over into Central LA. According to relatives.

From talk online here, I understand Dallas is jumping. Austin is a different market than what I'm used to in California.
    It's fickled, to say the least.
    Call me and I'll do whatever I can for you.

Austin is a nice area to work in, if you dont mind some traffic that moves slow, from time to time.

Very friendly folks, very nice supply houses, lots of resources to do you job in a timely manner.
    If you choose to relocate here, I'd seriously consider living OUTSIDE of the Austin City Limits!
    The prices around there are extraordinary!

Kyle or Manor or even Lockhart would be very nice burbs to relocate into. The first two are closer to town while Lockhart is a few more minutes out. But it's a very nice place to live and raise a family.

We have solid seasons here in Central Texas.
    Deer Season!
    Turkey Season!
    Duck Season! & plenty of catfish...