Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have a 1-speed, 1-zone gas Forced-Hot_air furnace, with non-integrated humidifier on the side of it. (New England)

Two low-voltage wires go to the thermostat. Two more low-voltage wires go to the humidistat next to the thermostat.

Thermostat and humidistat are old mechanical models. I'd like to replace with one electronic one. The only one I can find is a White Rodges 1F97-391 costing ~$150. Couldn't find anything on Honeywell's site. Can anyone recommend a reliable, accurate electronic thermostat/humidistat?

Thanks!
    /j

The White-Rodgers is a great stat. There's a new one called Climatouch (aka Totaltouch from Carrier & Bryant dealers) that is easy to use. The illustration below doesn't show the humidity reading nor setpoint. I am trying one on my 3 stage system and so far so good. http://www.totaltouch.info

how much is it? I should have mentioned I'd also like to pay closer to $50 if I can...
    /j

ive used that totaline touch pad thermostat, you can use it for heat pump, electric , gas. upto 2 stage a/c or 3 stage ht. as far as a thermostat for humidity control i know carrier thermidistat is excellant.
    you are not going to get a thermostat / humiditstat for 50 dollars though.

Originally posted by jeffw_00
    how much is it? I should have mentioned I'd also like to pay closer to $50 if I can...
    /j

only thing you would get for that price is a headache.

The totaline that supports a humidifier also supports 3 heat and 2 cooling systems - seems like overkill - and I'm guessing it's a lot of $$ (can't even find a price on line) - is it really better than the white-rodgers?

There is a single stage Climatouch/Totaltouch. Not sure if it has the humidity control though. W-R stats are extremely reliable. The first Climatouch I tried was bad, this one is working OK. These are cheaper than the 1F95. Not sure if you'd find on the net or have to buy through a local dealer.

Thanks - it appears that the only Totaltouch with a humidistat on their website is the P206-1400 that also supports 3 heating and 2 cooling systems, dehumidification, and other stuff. It looks like it might be hard to use since we're taking advantage of so little of what it offers (Also, I suspect it might be wicked expensive, being their top-of-the-line model).

The W-R has some nice features the totaltouch lacks, like running the humidifier a bit less when there are a lot of long heating cycles (to reduce condensation on windows). It seems like a good option, and I guess I won't get anything with both for $50 - but

are there any other good choices to consider??????

thanks
    /j

[Edited by jeffw_00 on 01-29-2006 at 07:45 PM]

are there other good choices to consider?
    thanks!
    /j

When you guys say thermidistat is that a stat which controls the add on humidifier as well as the unit or does it run the system by reading R/H? I'm a bit cornfused here, sorry.

Citywide.
    "I don't care what you could get it off the net for, they wont warranty it and neither will I"!

And if you don't like my "flat rate up front pricing" try and negotiate the price on that big mac you just bought pricing is exactly the same method!

what I want is a single unit that controls the furnace and the humidifier. Some call this a thermidistat, sort of a cross between a thermostat and a humidistat.

the anticipator control on the total touch is very coarse - +/- 1.0 DegF.

Also - it's made by a small company AED Electronics and sold through carrier. - they sound like a mom/pop operation.

I'm leaning towards the W-R.

I found a $50 ritetemp - but they screwed up the humidifier control - they force the fan on whenever it calls for humidity

Originally posted by jeffw_00

I found a $50 ritetemp - but they screwed up the humidifier control - they force the fan on whenever it calls for humidity

can't force the fan on if you only have 2 wires to furnace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast