Thread: AC Case Coils

I have a 4 ton blower on my carrier furnace...I'm getting ready to put a Central ac ( goodman ) in. My question is do i use a 3.5 ton coil or a 4 ton coil. Will I see any significant difference between the coils?

you need to have a load calc done to determine your cooling size, just because you have a four ton blower doesn't mean you need four tons of cooling,put a call in to a contractor so it is done right

Your contractor will know what coil to match up to what ever size OD unit. After he knows what size A/C your house needs.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

A lot of times we oversize the indoor coil by a half ton. If putting in a 3 1/2 ton condenser, then we install a 4 ton coil. Some manufacturers like Rheem dont even sell a 3 1/2 ton coil. You have the option of changing out the metering device i guess to a little smaller one. But I doubt you'd ever know the difference.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

I doubt seriously

that a Goodman 3 1/2 ton condenser even puts out 36K of BTUs. Do a load calc then an ARI match your equipment to the load.

Re: I doubt seriously

Originally posted by air2spare
    that a Goodman 3 1/2 ton condenser even puts out 36K of BTUs. Do a load calc then an ARI match your equipment to the load.
    LOL @ that
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

thanks for the info