Red face

I have a Ranch house with attached garage that faces south which is ground level..back side or north side the ground drops so that cellar is at ground level, walk in..under the garage is another garage , making it at cellar ground level..which I have heated with a hanging Hydronic unit heater [southwest corner] on its own zone and thermostate..Now I have built a addition to the bottom garage, basically extending it north by 20 feet and 28 feet wide, with 12 foot ceiling for intended auto lift...this makes the addition have 3 outside walls [north, east, west] and the idea is to have the south wall remain open into the bottom garage..
    Now I am finding that I can set the heat in the under garge to say 58 and the addition will sit at 50,,I have set up fans to move the air around but is only good for maybe bringing the addition to 52, while the under garage happily maintains 58...I feel I am just wasting electricity with all the fans and actually maybe cooling the air more than actually moving it...
    I am thinking that I should put heat in the addition since the under garage now has no exterior sides? I have another Unit heater [about 60,000 btu]I can hang in the addition [I'm thinking northwest corner] but should I keep the old in the under garage? In series or parrallel with some kind of flow for balance? Where should I put the themostat??
    Sorry for long post, just trying to explain situation..Please feel free to E me, I can provide sketch/pictures..Is there a way to post a picture here? .Thanks to all..Seb.

Go to site rules for instructions on posting pix. Post diagram then we'll see if we can help. I'm sure someone can give good advise.
    I am the "Wally". All others are meer imitations of the original.

Thanks Wally..I will work on diagram...Seb.

Delta T + 8'F for 560 S.F.

Originally posted by seb fontana
    ..Now I have built a addition to the bottom garage, basically extending it north by 20 feet and 28 feet wide, with 12 foot ceiling for intended auto lift...this makes the addition have 3 outside walls [north, east, west] and the idea is to have the south wall remain open into the bottom garage..

Now I am finding that I can set the heat in the under garage to say 58 and the addition will sit at 50,,

I am thinking that I should put heat in the addition ...

Please feel free to E me, I can provide sketch/pictures.
    So, it appears that the real question
    might be re-stated as:

How much heat does it take to increase temp 8'F in a 560 Sq. Foot garage without any windows?

(20'x 28'x 12') high space = 560 S.F.
    Please feel free to E me, I can read a sketch.

Add 1.5kW electric heater(s) and
    determine cycle time.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Diagram

Wally....I have huffed and puffed in and around the site rules and can not find any instructions on how to post a pix..The diagram would really lay it out..I admit to being blind in one eye and can't see out of the other...Anyone here in central [real center] of CT willing to spend some phone time? Thanks, Seb.