Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Toolpusher
    [B]How can anyone in Fla have a bill that large ?

People here in central Ohio, with the mild winter we have had. I'm hearing reports of $200 to $300
    ---------------------------------------------

I bet not too many have 13' ceilings either. The poster should install 8'ceilings and rent out the 5 ' areas for storage space.(lol)..With the storage rent money together with the big heat savings he will be much better off.$$$

As to your foot-note question;"if you try to fail and succeed, what have you done"?

Answer; "you have succeeded in trying to fail"

[Edited by deejoe on 01-29-2006 at 09:11 AM]

better find that uncapped gas line!

"Gees, I thought we have had "conservatives" for the past 12 years in Congress and 5 years in the White House. Yea, something here is stupid alright. Of course, "inturmoil" is another term for confused"
    Who has been fillibustering the conservatives' energy plan?
    Answer this honestly, tree huggin' hippie!
    Live for yourself and ask no one to live for you.

? shakes head

Originally posted by inturmoil
    "Gees, I thought we have had "conservatives" for the past 12 years in Congress and 5 years in the White House. Yea, something here is stupid alright. Of course, "inturmoil" is another term for confused"
    Who has been fillibustering the conservatives' energy plan?
    Answer this honestly, tree huggin' hippie!
    I agree with inturmoil. Nuclear energy is the cleanest and safest. As long as there are no oopsies. Considering, if I could get an RTG, I'd take it.

Drill for oil wherever it is found.

Who cares? I don't. If I have to choose between feeding my family and allowing reindeer frolic, shoot the deer for meat and drill where the blood soaked the ground.

I understand responsible use of resources and land, but don't put the welfare of wildlife above humans.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

The guy has a obvious gas leak and yall are gonna build a nuke plant?

Talk about a act of congress.

Originally posted by James 3528
    The guy has a obvious gas leak and yall are gonna build a nuke plant?

Talk about a act of congress.
    Yeah! Build the plant and he can get rid of the gas. It's a symbiotic relationship. My vote is to litter the landscape with RTG's.
    Happiness is the only good. The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so.
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Relax inturmoil

Your confused again. I'm all for building a nuke plant in your front yard and a depository for the spent fuel rods in your back yard. Hell, let's do two and have the same setup at atufano's house. And I promise I won't hug a tree in either of you guys' yards. Now go "glow" yourselves.

Re: Relax inturmoil

Originally posted by acam
    Your confused again. I'm all for building a nuke plant in your front yard and a depository for the spent fuel rods in your back yard. Hell, let's do two and have the same setup at atufano's house. And I promise I won't hug a tree in either of you guys' yards. Now go "glow" yourselves.
    I already have on in my backyard. Indian Point Nuclear Power Station. I lived on a Nuclear Air Craft Carrier and worked on Radar. I'm fine.
    Nuclear power is safer than what we are doing now. I like breathing in pollutants and acid rain really has helped the lakes up here in New York. The paint that my car has(d) has faded nicely. Thanks! Also, our dependance on foreign oil really helps our economy. So it's not the food for oil, it's food OR oil...
    -Robert Green Ingersoll

Thanks

Thanks to all, including the humor. The furnace supply measures over 4" and when lit appears to burn about a cubic foot of gas per second or two. Also gas hot water and cooktop. Gas bills are $75 in summer. No leaks found by Gas Co. Sooo...need a new boiler approx 170,000 BTU for standby use for freezing temps...any recommendations?
    Next decision is between Am Standard/Trane Heritage16/xl 16i
    split system versus package heat pump. Any recommendations appreciated.Thanks

Weil McLain Ultra 230 condensing boiler.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Well since you are in FL, why not go heat pump and forget about the gas? Florida is one of the best places in the world to have a heat pump.

Inturmoil---If you think conservative congressmen, drilling in ANWAR, or any of your other half-assed ideas are going to cure the natural gas problem, you are out to lunch, and don't have a clue. You need to study the problem before you mouth off.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast