Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Around here anyone can get american standard and rheem from a couple of plumbing supply chains... You can get a carrier from the local carrier dealer thru the back door..a couple of the employees will sell you one and you get warranties on all the equipment.

I used to do service calls for one of the plumbing places on these deals and I would get warranty parts from them with no problems whatsoever.

I dont think goodman has ever really been an inferior product..carrier is the most obscene piece of crap I see now...Im talking commericial units but Im sure the residential models are the same......

I have a 10 yr old or so janitrol that never sees routine service but its been kicking away all these years..and all the janijunk I installed for so many years also did well.... when my jerkitrol does go down I will not have to wait for some overpriced part to be delivered...that cheap builders model doesnt require expensive parts...

Its reliable...and that means a lot more to me than an expensive premium system that is not going to save me a dime on energy savings because any savings will be eaten up by either an outrageous upfront cost for the system or thru an extended warranty for those fragile proprietary parts or thru a million service calls when those finicky electronics start going haywire every heating or cooling season.

Thumbs up

Another bashfest Robo? Anyone who hasn't seen the 13 seer Goodman lines, should take a look-see.
    Nice. BTW, the Goodman v/s airhandlers cost reflects the better quality. I was suprised to see that I could buy a Carrier v/s fan coil cheaper than the equivalent Goodman v/s.
    No point there other than that I have had 0% callbacks on all new installs when using Goodman equipment in 05'!
    Can't say the same for Carrier, Bryant and Ruud.
    Doesn't mean they are better or worse.
    They are all good and they all can have problems.
    Isolating one mfgr and making a blanket statement about their poor quality without relevant fact is just.............................................. .

It is certainly true that with the increase in quality comes the increase in cost. Goodman no longer needs to go to market as the cheapest guy in town because the product value has increased so much on the features and benefits end of the equation.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12