Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hmm

Goodman HVAC System

Are the new Goodman Gas furnaces and air conditioner systems better and more comporable to other makes at this time ( as compared to the lower quality of some years ago) ?
    It seems to be the only system that can be easily purchased by do it your selfers. The distributors claim there quality has become better and can be compared to other makes now.
    Any opininions for 2 stages versions over single stage for less cycling and more efficient heating of a poorly insulated older home design here in Souther California?

Whats another good choice for a fair price and where can a non licensed buyer purchase such a system??

thanks in Advance.......Geno

Originally posted by sker66
    Whats another good choice for a fair price and where can a non licensed buyer purchase such a system??
    Unfortunately, due to site rules we as members can not discuss purchasing of equipment with the general public.

Thank you for your cooperation.

You can purchase anything you can get, any place that will sell to you.
    If you want a WARRENTY, get a pro to size it, install it, and service it....

They ALL heat or cool, some just do it for less... AND better.

Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Why don't you ask the goodman distributor that wants to sell you this equipment, what other brand you can buy. And see what he thinks of your question.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Originally posted by sker66
    Goodman HVAC System

Are the new Goodman Gas furnaces and air conditioner systems better and more comporable to other makes at this time ( as compared to the lower quality of some years ago) ?
    It seems to be the only system that can be easily purchased by do it your selfers. The distributors claim there quality has become better and can be compared to other makes now.
    Any opininions for 2 stages versions over single stage for less cycling and more efficient heating of a poorly insulated older home design here in Souther California?

thanks in Advance.......Geno

Yes Geno, the Goodman line is much improved.
    When you post that the distributors claim better quality, was that claim relayed to you from the distributor personally or did it come from an info site, pamphlet, brochure, etc?

It certainly a shame if the distributor is trying to sell product to a DIY'er. Not cool, but it happens frequently.
    It happens with a lot of distributors and all mfgr's stuff is out there. I can buy any mfgr I want right now on the internet...pick one....any one.
    Would you be performing the installation?
    If not, you would buy the equipment and then have it installed by someone you only want to pay the labor to, probably not permitted, no contract, insurance or install warranty and then eventually other issues and problems could arise due to inept workmanship. It could be a liability issue.
    When you choose a legitimate contractor you make a safer, wiser choice.
    If you bought equipment and wanted me to install it at a labor price, I would make you sign a waiver holding me harmless for any equipment issues that may arise since I didn't purchase it myself.

No reputable distributor is going to sell you a furnace and no furnace put in by someone who is not a professional in doing so is going to have much potential of being very good.

My guess is we are again being trolled.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Unhappy

I know Robo. I was trying to elicit some information there in hopes of actually finding the people responsible. Jeeezzzz...I'm starting to sound like Steve! UGH!

wasting your time and money. if you purchase you own system and hire a contractor to install it you will wind up paying more than just calling someone.
    and goodman is still a generic air conditioner like the other 50 or so brands. it doesnt cost much more to install a quality system.

Around here, anybody can buy a goodman. I've seen homeowners get em with no problems. Johnstone Supply is the goodman dealer. They sell to small independent supply houses which in turn will sell to anybody that walks in the door because they are just trying to stay afloat.

Sker, if you need a new furnace your better off just getting a few bids & doing it legit.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

why you are at it, can you find me a place to buy a new pick up truck at the factory and maybe you and I can make a deal, you put together my truck, i'll put in your shiny new goodman.

You seem like a good guy RoBo, but what the hell do I know. I'm just a musician.
    Live for yourself and ask no one to live for you.

Originally posted by inturmoil
    You seem like a good guy RoBo, but what the hell do I know. I'm just a musician.
    That's what I said!

Originally posted by airworx
    wasting your time and money. if you purchase you own system and hire a contractor to install it you will wind up paying more than just calling someone.
    and goodman is still a generic air conditioner like the other 50 or so brands. it doesnt cost much more to install a quality system.
    This is only an opinion. One that I and many other professionals do not agree with. If some actual data was given to support this opinion I might not think so little of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast