Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question

burner shuts down after about 5sec.(possible HSI problem?)

Originally posted by hsitom
    burner shuts down after about 5sec.(possible HSI problem?)
    If it were a HSI problem the burner would never light.Are you a tech? this is usually a simple one for any tech.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

No HSI problem, yes DIY problem; I'd look there first.
    The posts and comments made by me are in no way affiliated with any company or organization. They are simply my personal opinions.

hhmmm

He can not pull the wool over our eyes !! ... Even steel wool
    , which he probley needs

Being a new member I am sure that the proper protocol to follow on replies I may make is sure to suffer some, but I do know there is a bit of confusion on my part by the following, does exist since the two statements taken at face value seem to conflict a bit in some areas.

1. HVAC Pros, please note; home owners are welcome to ask questions here, if you do not wish to be helpful that is fine but do not intimidate, obstruct or criticize those that wish to be more helpful than you. If you do not like a particular thread or topic, do not reply.

2. Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step by step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault.

I will use the step-by-step statement in 2. as a guide here.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

>>>edit... you missed # 2 Title... "Do-It-Yourselfers - not here."

Please see my post below, Thanks.

[Edited by jultzya on 01-26-2006 at 02:13 PM]
    Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, Stupid is the lack of ability to gain knowledge.

Hey Tulsa..go sit in the truck!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

tulsatwisters...

Unfortunately, due to site rules we as members can not discuss technical issues with the general public.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Actually I did not miss #2 as copied below, I read #2 and quoted the part that was relevant to my reply.
    Nor did I violate #2 by offering any step-by-step instructions or any instructions period on making a do it yourself repair.

Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.

This site is for industry professionals and folks seeking HVAC/R advice and knowledge. Please do not ask for step-by-step instructions on purchasing, installing or repairing your own HVAC equipment, that is our job and our livelihood. We are generous, but not to a fault

At no point in my post including the part that was edited did I offer
    "As you state above (step by step instructions)

I only stated the POSSIABLE cause for the fault. I never stated it was the fault, nor did I offer ANY instruction on repairing the fault. I also stated that a licensed professional should locate and repair the actual problem.

I do not mean this to be argumentative or confrontational in anyway, nor is my intention to cause problems by violating any of the rules, but even in re-reading #2 as you put into my edited post and as I stated above, I did not violate the rule.

As to your follow up, most post on this site are of a technical nature and reading several of the posts it appears technical information is being given in one form or another to the general public.
    Hence my continued confusion on some of the rules as stated on this website. That being said, it was my intention and still is to cooperate with the rules of this site.
    As a side note, the post referring to me by coolwhip who has by the way 2,881 posts, would seem by my reading of the rules to be a violation of those rules. I am waiting to see if any editing of that post takes place.
    Ignorance is the lack of knowledge, Stupid is the lack of ability to gain knowledge.

Like I said, go sit in the truck.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Originally posted by tulsatwisters
    Do-It-Yourselfers - not here.
    Above quote... pretty simple.

As a side note, the post referring to me by coolwhip who has by the way 2,881 posts, would seem by my reading of the rules to be a violation of those rules. I am waiting to see if any editing of that post takes place.
    Just how far do you want to take this?

check the flame sensor

power down unit 1/4 nut driver remove flame sensor clean with mild solvent if not burned in half re install after that maybe modoule maybe gas pressure who knows without being there is this lp or natural do you have fuel in tank????????????????????????

Hey tulsa.. I wouldn't argue to much more with Jultzya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast