Hi all,

We just had a Boiler Mate Classic installed for our potable hot water source (vs. tankless coil in the oil fired boiler). Wondering how the heck we adjust the temperature. Installer put it at the suggested start of 120 and it needs to be higher. We are looking at the dial and there are 6 rectangles in a circle with numbers 1 - 6 in them and right between the 3 and 4 is written 120 and that's where this was pointing. I THINK each rectangle is 40 degrees, so going to the other side of the 4th rectangle will have the temp at 160 degrees? Before we go screwing around with this I just want to confirm and the Amtrol books and website don't mention this anywhere since they assume everyone has the electronic control.

Thanks in advance!

The water doesn't come out hot enough, or do you run out of hot water. What size is the indirect.
    Does it have a empering valve installed on it.

Each notch is not 40, adjust it little by little.

Use a sharpie to mark where the dial currently points, and then turn it up just alittle.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Don't get caught up with the numbers...

You need to use a thermometer in a cup under running water

Determine the h2o temp now...

Slowly turn up dial and take temp

I would suggest you don't go much more than 120-125

Your plumber should have set the temp between 112-120

by adjusting the mixing valve he should have installed

unless of course you decided to go with low bid and one wasn't installed.

The mixing valve could save you 2nd or 3rd degree burns in the event the thermostat in the tank fails allowing the water temp to reach boiler temp.

But... I'm sure he explained all that to you!

If your still not sure, get him back out there to finish the complete job, he should of at least adjusted the temp for you.

Capacity is 41 gallons which is more than enough since there's only 2 of us in the house and one of us is gone 4 days / week.

The dial has a marking at 120 - the only clear degree marking on it and that's where the plumber had it set but we'd prefer it a bit higher so I was trying to find out if the 1 - 6 meant anything in relation to degrees or not.

No issues with the install at all.

No real relation that can be converted, just adjust it up alittle and see if thats hot enough for you. If not keep making small adjustments till it is.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I actually sent a note to the Amtrol people and they said the line between the 1 and 2 is 95 degrees and each line after that is +11 degrees. Which makes sense because 120 is right between the 3 and 4.... give or take a few degrees of course.