I'm the HO. Just had a new Lennox G61MP (94% 2 stage) installed w/Aprilaire 700 humidifier and Aprilaire 8570 stat. There is also a 2-zone damper system installed to separate main floor from basement (not Lennox or Aprilaire made). I'm not sure the contractor really understands how its all supposed to work together or how to set up the stat. There is a sensor that comes with the 700 that goes from the humidastat mounted in the return plenum to the outside - which is supposed to also communicate with the 8570. Purpose is to run the fan and 700 for as little as 5 mins and as much as 15 mins. longer after heat call is satisfied in order to bring humidity level to desired level (without furnace generating heat). It's not doing that and humidity levels are too low. The other problem is I'm not sure the dip switches on the 8570 are set properly. I know what the settings are supposed to be according to the manual for my set up (gas, multi, H/C) but not sure about "6504 vs. AHC" as while I do have 2 zones, I do not have the Aprilaire 6504 zoning system. Can someone confirm the following:
    1) wiring set up for this combination of equipment (into 8570)
    2) proper dip settings for this combination of equipment (inside 8570)
    3) anything else I should know or check to make sure combo is installed correctly.

One last problem... it appears the display on the 8570 displays current temp about 3-4 degrees above what it actaully appears to be in the room. I've checked it against a portable digital therm. defective? something else influencing it?

I don't know why they wouldn't use the Lennox Harmony zone system, Stats and sensors.

We aren't suposed to go step by step for diy's on this site.

I understand you paid good money and want to try and fix the unit, But you should call your sales rep.
    Ask him to come out with thier most knoweledgeable tech.

If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?

Update

Here's an update. I found in the installation manual that the 8570 has an advanced features menu hidden within and accessed when the system is set to off. In here are selections to keep the humidifier running after the call for heat has ended as well as other settings such as having the system start up in advance of its on time to make sure its at that temperature at the appointed time. It also has a calibration adjustment for the displayed room temperature, etc. So I checked the dip switches, they appear to be set correctly and I've changed the other settings so those functions are now operating.

Oh, I'm not a DIY'er, simply looking for advice from others that may be more experienced with this equipment than perhaps the installer of the contractor. But thanks for the being so helpful there Toolpusher.

From above:

"Forum Rules:
    Who Can Post New Topics? Any registered user or guest."

True anyone can post,

The problem lies in the fact that if we were to tell someone something and they for what ever reason don,t do as told.
    Makes thier situation worse, then they come back here and say so & so from her screwed my system up,,Bla Bla Bla.

Or while trying correct the problem the homeowner gets hurt or killed, then who's to blame since the info was obtained from here ?
    Even if the info wasn't followed as told.

I could have mentioned to go into the programing, But then if you did can somehow did something to the stat or unit. Would you blame this forum or yourself ?
    Most take the easy road out.

Glad it worked for you.
    If you try to fail, and succeed.
    Which have you done ?