I have a oil fired Weil Mclain boiler that does our baseboard heat and heats our hotwater. My current Aquabooster is old and will need replacing soon. I was in need of which system is more efficient- an Aquabooster tank or a tankless setup through my boiler that is on demand. My current Aquabooster is 110VAC plug in type, so I assume the new one would be as well. The prices are ranging right around $1500.00 clams for a new Aquabooster, which is why I am exploring my options. I have a small house with just my wife and I. Thanks in advance.

Doesn't your booster tank feed of a tankless coil in your boiler now? Anything using a tankless coil in a boiler is not the most efficent way to make hot water, just the cheapest to install.

Yes, the aquabooster now feeds from the coil. So you mean I should replace my existing aquabooster with a new one and call it a day? How much electricity does an Aquabooster use? Does the 110VAC power a heating coil in the booster tank or just the circulator on it? My current one is a Ford...

Just the circ.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Pice out indirect tanks also. Especially if the coil is old and it looks like it might start leaking.