Angry

Well I just got my friendly stick it to ya letter from Vectren. I can lock in my rate for the next 12 months at 1.395 per ccf. I locked in last year at 1.03 per ccf.
    So 40% increase next year!!!! It is now very important to really push the high end furnaces when you go on a sell. I do and I have darn good proof why to do it. Did you ever think you would sell a heat-pump with natural gas back-up?
    I'm thinking about doing it here.
    George

Originally posted by docgeorge
    Did you ever think you would sell a heat-pump with natural gas back-up?
    I'm thinking about doing it here.
    George
    Installed my first duel fuel back in 82 or 83.

We install both oil and gas duel fuel systems.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Thumbs up Dual Fuel

Originally posted by docgeorge
    I can lock in my rate for the next 12 months at 1.395 per ccf. 40% increase next year!!!!

Did you ever think you would sell a heat-pump with natural gas back-up? I'm thinking about doing it here.
    Why are you only thinking about it?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

I wish I had that rate!! After all the fee's I'm paying about 1.70 per therm!!

Im only thinking about it at this point because electric rates are supposed to go up also. I don't know at this point how much yet, but they are going up. The way they are sticking it to us with the gas rate, I'm sure they are going to get us with the electric rate as well. As it looks right now HeatPump will remain the cheapest even if electric goes up.

Hmm... Doc, your profile says you're in Ohio...?

In Georgia this is the wrong time of year to lock in a fixed rate. YMMV in other places, I guess, but I am quite certain that at least in this state you always come out best by locking in your rate in April. It's been that way every year since they opened up marketer choice in... late 1999, I think it was. Around here I advise people to stick it out until April, or maybe May, lock in a rate then, and then it will roll over each year at the time when the best fixed rates are available.

I am paying $1.97 per CCF and THEN the fees are applied.

Holy Cow! This months' rates here with delivery loads is $1.31. Current spot market shows gas in the low $9/MMBtu in recent days. Next month's billing rates will not be known for a couple of days yet.
    Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up.

Some customers in Georgia are at $1.75 per therm before fees this month. That's generally only the ones with rate plans that let the rate vary from month to month, though.

I'm still paying 99 cents a therm... locked in in May, before Katrina <happydance> I may not be so giddy when my account rolls over to current rates next May, though.

check these guys if there covering your area,i changed over back in Oct.2005 at 1.49 CCF for a 5 years comittment http://www.intelligentenergy.org/ my utility was at 1.69 prior to that change over
    "when in doubt...jump it out" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1qEZHhJubY