Thread: York residential gas furnaces

Post Likes

Question

I need to replace my standard 30 year old gas furnace. One of the best quotes I've gotten is for a York furnace - does anyone have any good/bad news (not price - quality) about these residential furnaces?

Post Likes
    york units are high end equipment when installed properly by a qualified contractor.www.yorkupg.com

Post Likes
    Originally posted by pqui
    I need to replace my standard 30 year old gas furnace. One of the best quotes I've gotten is for a York furnace - does anyone have any good/bad news (not price - quality) about these residential furnaces?
    Purchased a Coleman (York/UPG) last summer. Contractor/install techs were incompetent, and support help in troubleshooting defects from the distributor's tech has been zero.

Post Likes
    ive installed several of the new affinity series high efficiency systems the variable speed furnaces are quiet and high quality not the coleman builders models they are not the same.you get what you pay for.

Post Likes
    I've never installed York but I've sure seen my share. They seem to be solid systems. I would never hesitate to have one put in, especially if I felt comfortable with the company putting it in.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Post Likes
    We call York for tech support, not the distributor.

Coleman is the lower line of York UPG.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by beenthere
    We call York for tech support, not the distributor.

Coleman is the lower line of York UPG.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Apparently, the local contractor has not been told by the distributor, nor anyone else, to call York.

Post Likes
    Its an 800 number, and I don't have it memorized.

He may have to deal with the distributor, York tch support isn't allowed to talk about Luxaire products, so I'm guessing the same with Coleman products.

But your contractor can get it from the distributor.

Post Likes
    I service and maintain tons of YORK equipment and is a personal favorite of mine. It's a good brand but that doesn't matter if it isn't installed correctly.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Thanks for the feedback Jeff. I actually found out they are used more commercially, but was suggested for my house because of the small size of the closet that the furnace sits in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in