majestic fireplace issue

I have a fireplace that will sometimes start and other times I have to manually override the thermostat at the fireplace itself by jumping the two terminals. I called a friend of mine who works in the industry and we tried to jump the two wires at the thermostat together to see if it turned on. It did not. I got a new thermostat, same issue. We ran new wiring to the fireplace, same issue. He put in a new power pyle and it seemed to fix the issue. A few days later, when the house cooled down, the fireplace did not turn on. He showed me how to bypass the thermostat and get the thing going. Here is the weird part, sometimes it will come on when temp drops, other times it will not and I have to :help: it and of course once it gets up to temp and shuts off, it sometimes will not fire back up when temp drops again. Any ideas as to where to start looking? Pilot is fine???

what distance is the stat from fireplace and what guage is it ???
    Thermostat has to be milivolt capable.
    If you cross out at valve it works every time ???
    There is no bad beer, some just taste better than others.

thermostat is a good 20ft away and is a milivolt. It works every time I jump it at the valve. As mentioned it seems to come on by itself sporadically and not all the time. Could it be the thermostat is starting to die??

Cool

Well, we cannot diagnose it via the internet and this is not a DIY site. However, your wiring run is long. Shouldn't be over 25 LF total. You have over 40 LF so a lot of voltage drop.

What is the model of the fireplace and age?

Quote Originally Posted by talktowags View Post
    what distance is the stat from fireplace and what guage is it ???
    Thermostat has to be milivolt capable.
    If you cross out at valve it works every time ???
    I suggest you get your friend back who is in the bussines and get him to figure it out. I don't think your into anything major, expence wise but you need a pro to make sure.
    There is no bad beer, some just taste better than others.