Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mod01 Guest
    Originally posted by linz
    here's the joist layout image:

impresive drawing!

second egress needed?
    glass block windows = less intrusion by people or fluids --
    is this half or all of bsmt?

harvest rainwater,make SHADE,R75/50/30= roof/wall/floor, use HVAC mastic,caulk all wall seams!

will it be a gas furnace or all electric?
    description of upper floors layout will help....or is that showing upper floor?

thanks.

this is half the basement.
    the other half is the same layout.
    i have yet to add the egress windows in each bedroom.

Here's one example of what our duct typically looks like with a situation like you have.

"If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Amickracing
    Is that 9" deep supply or do you hang your supply tight to the floor joist? It looks like the mech room wall framing is tight to both ducts. I like the plenum. Also is that cardboard panning? I've started using it recently. I don't like the look of it but... I'm sick of complaints about panning pops.

[Edited by wally01 on 01-24-2006 at 07:41 PM]
    I am the "Wally". All others are meer imitations of the original.

linz

Your doing a lot of research for this project. Good job.
    So far you’ve received some excellent answers but I would seriously consider in floor radiant heat for that basement.
    Good Luck

Originally posted by wally01
    Amickracing
    Is that 9" deep supply or do you hang your supply tight to the floor joist? It looks like the mech room wall framing is tight to both ducts. I like the plenum. Also is that cardboard panning? I've started using it recently. I don't like the look of it but... I'm sick of complaints about panning pops.

[Edited by wally01 on 01-24-2006 at 07:41 PM]
    That supply is 8" deep (so is the return). We don't hang real tight to the floor, but pretty close. I always try to leave 1/8-1/4" below the joists. Doesn't happen very often but if the floor moves a tiny little bit it can make the duct work squeek or bong. I think the framing is pretty close to tight to the duct, infact the duct might even be sitting on it I can't remember (these houses turn into a blur, we do too many).

Yup, thats the cardboard panning. I hate it with a passion, I think all returns should have a boot stuck to them and piped back to the return trunk. But in the real world there's no way we could get anyone to pay the extra to do this. I guess it doesn't look horrible, but I started in commercial, so panning was a bad word. Same with tape, we pookied everything. Now we pookie the duct and tape the pipe... when in rome I guess...
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Originally posted by chillbilly
    He's right. The last thing I would have expected is for someone coming on the site looking to tailor make construction for HVAC! It always works the other way
    So true, we're the last ones ever considered. We just gotta make it work. LOL
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12