Hi all . I'm a 41 yr old male living in the New Haven / Hartford , Ct area . I'm curently enrolled in a HVACR program at one of our Techinical schools here in CT. Classes began last Monday night and the Instructor as well as some of the "Upper Classmen" have been encouraging us new guys to start looking to get in the trade now .The State of Connecticut regiuires licences and a total of 4,000 hrs of classroom and on the job trainning to take the licensing exams .My question is , other then HVAC agent which I already signed up with ,as well as monster.com , is it possible that a licensed contractor would hire me at this point ,and if so whats the best way to break in to the trade?

Senior Tech Guest
    Yes, I think you could be hired. The best way to break in...and stay. Display good work ethics and be willing to start out making little and working hard....eventually you will make the big bucks and it will all seem worth while.

Thank you for replying.

Cool

Find the UA Local in your area and apply at the next recruitment. The will place you with a union contractor and school you for free.

Thanks h2 I thought of that but ddin't try that yet . Let me ask you though UA being United Autoworkers? Or is it a different union?

correct me if im wrong but i beilieve it means:
    UNITED ASSOCIATION OF JOURNEYMEN AND APPRENTICES OF THE PLUMBING AND PIPEFITTING INDUSTRY OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA....anybody??

Thanks everyone . I saved the link otto sent and will check it out . I believe the one for Connecticut is right here in my home town and only like 5 miles from my home .

Thanks again