Thread: CGAM 052A

Hmm CGAM 052A

Hey guys, I am working on a
    Model CGAM052A
    Serial U09L12694
    the confusion that I am having is that I am tring to obtain a simple
    Oil sample., well I do the normal pump down procedure and on either circuit
    And get the psi to around 8 and the I try to get a small sample,.! Good luck with that, what am I missing. ? I have the manual from the machine however I have the IOM CG-SVX17 -EN, good book., the manual says that only 1/2% flows around in the refrigeration circuit and the rest is w the compressor.,
    Also I know about the access on the side of the compressor and the dip tube., well when I try to get a small amount , no luck. Any thoughts?
    Also when I do perform the pump down., I do notice, at a very slow rate that the pressure do rise., again, any input would be great! Also I was going to perform the acid test on site and send off the rest for moisture and metals.
    Thx guys
    no signature blast'em man blast'em
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Run it fully loaded under a good load and see if the oil returns.
    “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.”

- E.E. Cummings

Try running the compressors like chrishvacman says and pull your sample from the oil charging port. The aggitation of the oil while the compressor is running slings enough oil to get a small sample.

Do you suspect a problem, I rarely pull a sample from scrolls.

Then again maybe I should!!
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!

yeah I am curiouse for your reason for an oil sample on a scroll.

I use a checkmate sample kit, works well and no need for solid stream of oil for the test.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Oil sample was requested by facility., however , if u guys don't usually pull a sample ., and that is the norm , I will let the owner know ., guess just do a acid test
    Thx guys
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

I guess I could have included my reasoning mlkwal1, sorry!

If the oils bad you really cant change it! Check for acid and you might treat with acid away but if it is bad compressor change out with standard cleanup is really the only option.
    I'm good at making things cold...You can ask my first two wives!

you should be able to get an oil sample, i tend to get mine with the compressor running as the oil level is typically higher. oil samples for scrolls are a very good indication of the problems going on inside the compressor, however, there isn't much oil. after a few oil samples, you might be low on oil. then when you add oil, you dilute the wear metals for a few oil samples so now you are right back in the same boat starting the trend over with a new (nearly new) oil charge. i do not recommend oil samples on scrolls unless there is a moisture/acid/compressor clean-up issue.

and you can change the oil (or at least most of it) that is in the compressor, however, if it is not in the compressor, ya'll can't change it!
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

thanks guys!!!
    !!!KILL THE TERRORIST!!!

Oil analysis on a scroll is a waste of time. Even more so when the sample will be contaminated before it even reaches the lab.
    The key to happiness is lower expectations.

Guys i have a chiller plant with three cgam130. Two chillers on and one lags. It is a variable primary flow plant. The flow through the three evaps is almost exactly the same. The setpoint is the same for the three chillers 42F as per Trane recommensations for a vpf chillerplant. The problem with this is that when the two leading chillers reach their lwt setpoint they turn off one compressor. Since the cw flow is the same on both chillers they do it almost at the same time. Then the water temp rises and both chillers start one compressor again (basically hunting). I verify on the manuals iom and dynaview manual and I foun that there is a staging deadband adjustment. Im guessing that if I put different values there for the chillers this could help how ever there is not detailed information on the manuals about this features. Any help on this will be apreciated. I know that I might be able to accomplish this by unbalancing the flow through the evaps but I preffer no to do it that way

Our current compressors starts/hour rate is 3

Quote Originally Posted by techbas View Post
    Guys i have a chiller plant with three cgam130. Two chillers on and one lags. It is a variable primary flow plant. The flow through the three evaps is almost exactly the same. The setpoint is the same for the three chillers 42F as per Trane recommensations for a vpf chillerplant. The problem with this is that when the two leading chillers reach their lwt setpoint they turn off one compressor. Since the cw flow is the same on both chillers they do it almost at the same time. Then the water temp rises and both chillers start one compressor again (basically hunting). I verify on the manuals iom and dynaview manual and I foun that there is a staging deadband adjustment. Im guessing that if I put different values there for the chillers this could help how ever there is not detailed information on the manuals about this features. Any help on this will be apreciated. I know that I might be able to accomplish this by unbalancing the flow through the evaps but I preffer no to do it that way

Our current compressors starts/hour rate is 3
    Techbas

You should have started a new thread. Since you are a professional member, start a new thread in the pro chiller forum and we can talk shop.

Ok I just did it. Thanks