I have a Dormont brand natural gas ventless fireplace. It was installed in my house when I bought it new in Aug 2009. I used the fireplace the winters of 2009 and 2010. Previously, it never kicked off... I had to manually shut it off when I was done with it.
This fall when I started using it, it is acting differently. It will run for about 10 minutes, then kick off, then after it cools off for about 10 minutes, it will automatically kick back on.
The pilot light never goes out (unless I manually shut it off), and when the fireplace is "kicked off", no gas is emitted (it is safe).
It seems like there is a thermostat that has suddenly become more sensitive or something like that.
I'm not sure what "normal operation" should be. Is this fireplace operating normally now, and the last two years something was stuck? Or has something gone bad and now it's not working right?
If something has gone bad, can someone direct me on how to fix it?