MRI Grille "Honeycombs"??

I'm doing some balancing in a new MRI suite and noticed that directly above the grilles are honeycomb looking contraptions installed in the duct. I was told by the mechanical contractor that these were supplied and required by GE for use in all rooms with their MRI machines in them. They are about 1 1/2" thick and in the same location on all supply, return, and exhaust grilles. Anybody seen these or have any information as to their purpose? Thanks!

I went to Titus to try to get some info for ya, but the file is large......and I'm beat right now. Do you have the manufacturers name?

http://www.titus-hvac.com/
    Always here

I don't have any info.. The installer had nothing left and access wasn't really possible.

How can you balance with out the engineering data of the diffuser or at least a submittal or cut sheet? Kinda stinks for you........guess thats the reason for this thread.....
    Always here

I've got the grille submittals but this is more in the duct as a fitting. It's about 18" down the duct and I guess the best way to describe it would be like an air straightener that you would see before an airflow monitoring station. But in this application it's to keep some wavelengths from entering the duct??? So i'm told.... But anyway yeah you would think some info. would have been nice to come along with it. I guess my only concern is the pressure drop across this "thing". Hahaha oh well it will be waiting for me tomorrow when I get there.