+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carrier 30RBA160 not staging up

Post Likes

Carrier 30RBA160 not staging up

Hi, need some help here, since Carrier has washed their hands of this problem, I have a 30RB160, 2005, I need to change 1 compressor [again] and need to disable the "A" circuit to work on it, when I do this, "B" circuit will not stage up and maintain water temp, only 1 "B" compressor comes on with Hot Gas, and just runs forever, no other compressor{B circuit} will stage up, I've done this in the past and never had a problem with "B" cuircuit staging up and controling water temp. I've tried to stage on Circuit "A" just to see if I can do that, and it works perfectly. Carrier has asked me to do several things to it and still doesn't work, [so many, I can't name them here] I've had to replace so much on this machine, I wish I could trade it for something else. The last response I got from Carrier was,"We don't know why it's doing this, Sorry" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Lonnie

Post Likes
    Are there any override modes on preventing it from loading up? Has any software been upgraded? Power problems ? Why are your compressors failing , contagious welded?

Post Likes
    I had one do this and I downloaded a new program into it. Solved the problem, at least on this occasion.

Post Likes
    The chiller will also run much better with the latest and greatest progam.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the replies. No override modes. Don't know reason for failures, but thinking ,like was suggested, need upgraded version and maybe will solve problems, not all the same problem with compressors, 3 were vibrating so bad, it broke the discharge line twice, 2 were shorted, the rest just locked up. Will see if Carrier wan't to talk to me to upgrade my software. Thanks. Lonnie

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wings View Post
    Thanks for the replies. No override modes. Don't know reason for failures, but thinking ,like was suggested, need upgraded version and maybe will solve problems, not all the same problem with compressors, 3 were vibrating so bad, it broke the discharge line twice, 2 were shorted, the rest just locked up. Will see if Carrier wan't to talk to me to upgrade my software. Thanks. Lonnie
    What be the serial number on this machine?

Post Likes
    Serial Number=4005Q80419

Post Likes
    Serial Number=4005Q80419
    What does your phase monitor look like?

Post Likes
    Serial Number=4005Q80419
    What does your phase monitor look like?

Post Likes
    No phase monitor.

Post Likes
    No phase monitor.
    Unless someone took it out it's in there somewhere if not I think we found your problem.

Post Likes
    Unless it's built into one of the circuit boards, I don't see it, this was low bid, so if they could leave something out, they might have done that. I'll look again. Lonnie

Post Likes
    It's in there. All the RB's have one.

Post Likes
    Unless it's built into one of the circuit boards, I don't see it, this was low bid, so if they could leave something out, they might have done that. I'll look again. Lonnie
    Put your email address in your profile please. I think we need to talk further about this.

Post Likes
    OK, I think I found my problem, first off, I found the phase monitor, it's NOT a Siemens, it's a circuit board about 3" square. Second, since I wasn't getting any help from Carrier, I thought I'd start looking in the scrolling marque to see if I could come up with something, after about an hour or so, I found it, I was in the "Temp" category and was in Circuit B and went to "Superheat" ,now remeber, circuit B is not running, and the superheat was 189*, I thought this was a little high my suction gas thermister was out of calibration, it wasn't open or shorted, just out of calibration, I've had the alarm light on before when it was open or shorted, so I replaced the thermister and it runs great. I am going to send my board in and get it updated to the latest version. I want to thank all who gave me ideas and things to try.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    Are there any override modes on preventing it from loading up? Has any software been upgraded? Power problems ? Why are your compressors failing , contagious welded?
    Just rembember override modes are your friend. I figured this might be your problem.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoodlistener View Post
    Just rembember override modes are your friend. I figured this might be your problem.
    Maybe you could explain to me just what a override mode is, I'm not clear on this since I didn't see any override modes,

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in