Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My pilot starts great, but then just sits there and I never get the gas flowing to start the burners. I am assuming I need to replace the pilot unit and the heat sensing wire (thermostat or whatever it is) that is built into the pilot unit is bad. Is this a good assumption, or at least the right place to start.

i recently had a problem like this, it was a loose/faulty ignition wire

Does the sparking stop? If so, it may be a bad ignition control. If the pilot lights but continues to spark it could be a grounding issue, low mircroamp issue or a bad igniton cable lead.

you need to call your hvac contractor we dont do service calls on line .id have to bill you. sorry

Originally posted by mtdahmer
    My pilot starts great, but then just sits there and I never get the gas flowing to start the burners. I am assuming I need to replace the pilot unit and the heat sensing wire (thermostat or whatever it is) that is built into the pilot unit is bad. Is this a good assumption, or at least the right place to start.
    model #? Serial #? What type of gas, nat or lp?

It was continueing to spark when I first came down to look at it. I pulled the pilot module to look at it and put it back in place. now it clearly sparks to ignite the pilot flame and then stops sparking immediately, but never gets the gas to light the burners.

We can't give you much help but did you forget to turn the valve back on?

Model Number: NUGK100DH08

Serial Number: L913943443

Thanks for the valve comment. I went over and tapped (OK a little harder then tapped) on the valve a couple times to see if it might be sticking and "Walla" the burners kicked in. Don't know how long it will last, but I may be needing a new valve soon.

So, before this turns into an Emergency Call... why don't you call a HVAC Company to come out and diagnose your unit and fix it during normal business hours?

While they are there, they can clean and inspect your unit to insure the unit is safe and efficient.

Originally posted by jultzya
    So, before this turns into an Emergency Call... why don't you call a HVAC Company to come out and diagnose your unit and fix it during normal business hours?

While they are there, they can clean and inspect your unit to insure the unit is safe and efficient.
    You don't think it will get better with time

MT, Jultzya is correct and you would be wise to make the call before it fails for good. I don't remember saying anything about using a hammer on it.

Oh my god! Gee why call someone to fix it when he can just ,Whack it! Whack,whack fixed.

I gently tap on valves all the time...mostly lp valves...usually first time they use the equipment each year.

This might not be the original posters problem though...wacking on the valve could have fixed a loose electrical connection among other things so I would get someone knowledgeable out to look at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast