Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chilbrig View Post
    What kind of Expansion Valves are on these chillers?
    All I have ever seen is a Danfoss.

Post Likes
    There shouldn't be a problem with the valves then. The Danfoss EXV's seem to be a good reliable valve. There was a problem a few years ago with the Danfoss TXV's. But I don't think they were used on the 30RB's. It was just a thought.

Post Likes
    Have a slew of these Chillers 30Rbs with A circuit compressor failures. I read the super heat setting change to 9F from 7F what year did this start? I got a 2006 year and some 2012 year chillers with failures. Just curious
    “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau

It's sad that we have become so accustomed to bad service that we're shocked when we get good service.
    Neil Cavuto

Post Likes
    I just quoted 2 compressors on one chiller, both were the B compressors drawing locked rotor. You are getting screwed on your parts pricing though, because they were a 1/3 of that price from Carrier.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Post Likes
    Some of these units also had Sporlan EXV's and communication modules. Mostly earlier years. Then Danfoss became the replacement part, but you had to order the communication board as well. -GEO

Post Likes

compressor replacement for danfoss

Quote Originally Posted by acjourneyman View Post
    I just quoted 2 compressors on one chiller, both were the B compressors drawing locked rotor. You are getting screwed on your parts pricing though, because they were a 1/3 of that price from Carrier.

They are replacing the danfoss with Copeland scrolls FYI Carrier is recommended this. So if this the case can you mix and match them with danfoss and a Copeland in the same circuit?
    “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau

It's sad that we have become so accustomed to bad service that we're shocked when we get good service.
    Neil Cavuto

7. Likes acjourneyman liked this post
    Post Likes
    Cannot see this being true I would like to see this in writing. Fake news ?

Post Likes
    No issues with Danfoss compressors or EXV's. We did have an issue with high oil levels on B circuits causing low sst can't remember the which size chiller was affected. As to Copeland compressors replacing Danfoss I have not heard anything over here.

Gibbo

10. Likes stanbyyourword liked this post
    Post Likes
    Gibbo please pm me when you get a chance please, stan
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

Post Likes
    I've seen compressors failing when the compressor contactor has welded in (a software update was made to identify this and attempt to prevent catastrophic failures) but in general these have been fairly reliable. What I have seen on other similar systems is the cross contamination, inevitable with this type of set-up, being responsible for cycles of compressor failures. The installation of suction burn-out driers and carrying out multiple oil changes on all compressors usually breaks the cycle.
    The oil level issues seem to still be present; in addition to dropping the oil levels, altering the loading to priority loading can help.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ajayl View Post
    I've seen compressors failing when the compressor contactor has welded in (a software update was made to identify this and attempt to prevent catastrophic failures) but in general these have been fairly reliable. What I have seen on other similar systems is the cross contamination, inevitable with this type of set-up, being responsible for cycles of compressor failures. The installation of suction burn-out driers and carrying out multiple oil changes on all compressors usually breaks the cycle.
    The oil level issues seem to still be present; in addition to dropping the oil levels, altering the loading to priority loading can help.
    It's funny you say that because I noticed the second stage compressor get energized and then it would seal itself in, I thought the contacts were sticking. Do you have a bulletin on the versions affected.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Post Likes
    Because of who I work for I might need to be careful ! There are to my knowledge no bulletins, just my observations. The software change is only re-active in that in the past if the contactor had welded in and the circuit shut-down the fans and exv shutdown regardless. What I believe happens now is if the controller thinks the contactor is welded in the exv and cond fans carry on controlling. If the chiller has an hydraulic pack it will keep the pump on even if remotely commanded off. An alarm is flagged to draw attention to the problem.

15. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12