Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

RTAC Strange problem

RTAC 350 with 4 compressors Circuit 1 Compressor 1B was showing 23 Psi standing pressure while all other three compressors were showing 42,43 and 42 Psi. Replaced and bind the new Pressure Transducer the result is same. Reloaded the Software then 1B was showing 42 Psi which is actual pressure but now 2B is showing 24 Psi. Before software was ver 40 now downloaded ver 43 but the 2B is remain showing 24. Anybody can understand what can be the problem. Thanks.

Post Likes
    I once had a RTHD chiller not acting right now matter how hard I tried to reinstall or update the software. So I loaded the CTV software. Of course it didn't work and everything was goofy. I then loaded the RTHD software and it worked...after rebinding everything of course. Just a thought.
    Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Political Correctness is forced on you because you have forgotten decency.

Post Likes
    Usually a problem like that would track the sensor.

Let me see if I got this straight. Had one comp showing wrong pressure, replaced and bound in. Now it reads right but the other compressor on same circuit is doing what the one you replaced did?

I have not seen this before. One thing I can add is that I have seen screwy things when the sensor "node" numbers are not in order. You can find that in binding view. It's easy to tell if they are out of order because there is a button to "resequence". If you can click on it, it needs to be resequenced, if it's greyed out, you're good.

This is especially true when you bind in a used sensor. The node # sticks with the sensor (from the previous bind) when it's bound in again to a new controller.
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    I would double check all the sensor binding. Click on it in binding view and make sure the appropriate led comes on on the sensor.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyD View Post
    Usually a problem like that would track the sensor.

Let me see if I got this straight. Had one comp showing wrong pressure, replaced and bound in. Now it reads right but the other compressor on same circuit is doing what the one you replaced did?

I have not seen this before. One thing I can add is that I have seen screwy things when the sensor "node" numbers are not in order. You can find that in binding view. It's easy to tell if they are out of order because there is a button to "resequence". If you can click on it, it needs to be resequenced, if it's greyed out, you're good.

This is especially true when you bind in a used sensor. The node # sticks with the sensor (from the previous bind) when it's bound in again to a new controller.
    Benny's advice is solid. Try resequencing. I've seen something similar before, though not exactly what you're seeing. Still don't know how it happened as the chiller had been running for a while.

Let us know how you make out.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Benny's advice is solid. Try resequencing. I've seen something similar before, though not exactly what you're seeing. Still don't know how it happened as the chiller had been running for a while.

I have an old CVHE that we upgraded the the controls from the classic black panel (pre-UCP1) to UC800. The purges that come from the factory are test run and have been bound at the factory.

5 months after running without a problem, we started having issues with the purge. Found the resequence and it fixed it.

Contacted the factory and that's when I found out that the purges have been previously bound. They also eluded that if I was to replace one on a CH530 chiller, I should check the same.

Post Likes
    I first stumbled across the resequence fix after trying to use a temp sensor off my van in the middle of the night. I can't remember where I got the sensor, but I knew it had been bound before. It never occurred to me about retaining the sequence number, until I was banging my head against the control panel around 4 am. Finally gave up and woke another guy up. Lesson learned.

Post Likes
    I first stumbled across the resequence fix after trying to use a temp sensor off my van in the middle of the night. I can't remember where I got the sensor, but I knew it had been bound before. It never occurred to me about retaining the sequence number, until I was banging my head against the control panel around 4 am. Finally gave up and woke another guy up. Lesson learned.
    That really sucks, but I bet you won't EVER forget that!
    I've had many a moment like that as well!

9. Likes CHILLERSVCMAN liked this post
    Post Likes

There is no Resequencing icon do you mean Rebuilding. It is in Binding view. Sequencing is gray.

Post Likes
    How to Resequencing.

12. Likes tylerfourhman liked this post
    Post Likes
    If the "Sequence" button on the bottom in binding view isn't active, then Kestrel thinks everything is in order.

Are you using TechView or Kestrel?

Post Likes
    If the "Sequence" button on the bottom in binding view isn't active, then Kestrel thinks everything is in order.

Are you using TechView or Kestrel?
    I am using TechView.

Post Likes
    Have you tried to unbind then bind it back in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast