Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Okay, Ive been with this HVAC/R company for a good while now and I've done everything possible for this company. I even went out of my way on my own personal time to find them work when they were slow. I did eveything for them.

I bought a thermostat from a supply store with cash and gave it to my buddy and he decided he didnt want it, so I sold it on ebay. And the company found out and called me on moonlighting and fired me?? The owner wouldnt even give me the benefit of the doubt?? He doesnt care how I got it or who I sold it to, he didnt even wanna hear it.

I swear, maybe I should just get outa the busines for good. I based my life on that company and they screwed me over like that...I dunno, i just dont think I have it in me anymore...I put so much in it and got nothing in return

Am I wrong..

go on your own before you quit the trade. Atleast if it don't work out, you know he tried it every which way..

sounds like a good case of wrongful discharge.

If you can prove the claims that you contributed as heavily to the bottom line of the company as you say you have that should weigh heavily in your favor.

Talk to a lawyer. It does not matter if you are in a right to work state or what ever.
    Wrongful discharge is always a good one for the jury to hear.

Good luck.

Screw the lawyer, just go out and find another job. Shouldnt be hard for a frigy.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

Sorry to here that .

Hang in there.

There probably using the Stat as an excuse. You’ll find something better. Next time don’t give your time away. Good Luck & keep us posted.

Hmm

Originally posted by coolwhip
    Screw the lawyer, just go out and find another job. Shouldnt be hard for a frigy.
    Well I guess you could screw the lawyer. But what if it's not a female lawyer?

Well fellas, a big refrigeration company wants to meet with me tomorrow, they said they are excited to meet with me. I told them my whole story, and they think I was screwed for no reason also. So hopfully this pans out. I kinda just need to clear my head, I guess...I was just pretty upset, you can say.

Originally posted by crozzy
    I told them my whole story, and they think I was screwed for no reason also.
    WTF would you tell another company this story for?

Didn't you say you ran the service dept at your company and you are only 22? Don't take this the wrong way, but there is no way in hell I would work for a company with a 22 year old as svc mgr. Something is screwy with that company and you just found out.

You can always work for your dad; doesn't he have his own business?

If they fired you for something as rediculous as that than maybe it was a blessing in disguise. their loss.

No, I was their head hvac tech, I wasnt any service manager, but i did run the residential service part. There isnt a service manager there. And, Yes My dad has his own company but working with family is Hell and its 100 miles from where I am now. And I told the new company the story because I have nothing to hide from anyone, I dont like lying to people, no matter what the circumstances are. and that would of been lying or hiding the truth. I'd much rather not get hired rather than lie about myself to them. And yes I am 23, I started in the business when I was 14 years old and have done it ever since. You would be surprised what you learn in 8 years of working with your father and his companys Army. There isnt a man alive that is a bigger hard as* other than my father, i went through hell and back to get where I am now. I used to work 70hr weeks in the summer...when i was 16! Answer any questions?? Age can be dicieving and fleeting. And I swear to GOD when I say this...50% of those customers are mine, I know them all personaly. They trust and respect me. Thats how I make my$$$$$$$$$$$.

Trust and Respect. I earned it through many years of being sh** on because of my age at the time.

[Edited by crozzy on 01-20-2006 at 07:52 PM]

bs

getting down on being fired from any company is simply bs in this trade.. hell laugh at em and get outta there ...

HVAC/R shoudln't involve politics

Croozy Sounds to me like they gave you the opportunity to make a good move. Just think, thier going to put some hack in your place.They will pay believe me, You wouldn't be on this site if you didn't want to be one of the best. Get out there get another job & do what you love doing.Good havacr people don't hide in corners they are just hard to come by.I hope this helps.

crozzy one more thought, always rememeber the glass is half full not half emty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast