Electrolux Ditto Panini grill

Cant seem to find any info for an Electrolux Ditto EPG/RUSA panini press.

Anyone have a manual / link for parts list ?

Thanks gang.

Good luck getting ANY support frm ElectroLux! I used to walk into a hospital that was scammed into outfitting their kitchen with Electrolux appliances. After numerous trips with either incorrect parts (part numbers provided by "tech support") or having yet another appliance go down, the staff started putting signs on the broken unit that said "It's an Electrolux, it's supposed to suck!" I remember Electrolux telling us to just scrap two combi ovens that were less than a year old because there were so many costly problems with them that it was cheaper to give the customer two new ovens instead of repairing them under warranty.

I see that,

Electrolux informed me that they would only provide that info to their "platinum service providers"

I don't see anything for it on the Electrolux servicer site in flashes or manuals.

I'm just a lowly servicer not platinum. They don't even give me a gold card.

jim
    Common sense isn't very common anymore.

Is that the paninni grill being used by the new Panera stores?

No, thats the HSG. Pretty cool units. They would be even better if they worked.

Ive got a manual and a parts list if your still looking for one. Im John contact me at my email addy [Removed email. ]. I work on the Paninis quite a bit maybe I can answer some questions for you ?
    Last edited by Stamas; 11-21-2011 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Email in post.

Anyone do any work on the Electrolux Panini Grills in Panera bread? The model Im refering to is the HSPPAN ? Having a problem with the teflon sheets covering the upper warmer plate catching fire or or burning through. Tech service has no idea but said it is happenning across the country with them. I give up trying to figure it out.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyridr View Post
    Ive got a manual and a parts list if your still looking for one. Im John contact me at my email addy [Removed email. ]. I work on the Paninis quite a bit maybe I can answer some questions for you ?
    Sorry John I missed your post.

Customers unit is overtemping, What I need to know before I spend time disassembling it is how it's sensing temp. Therm probe ? and a part number for the control board would help.

Thanks

There are two probes one under the glass (white disc in center of glass ) and the other is built into the upper warmer plate. The warmer plate sensor cant be replaced per electrosux and must replace entire warmer plate. On the board find the wire that is marked "INF" it should read 1.1K ohms @77 degrees if the reading is correct replace the board Board # is OD6852 For the Platen or upper warmer plate take the back plate off and locate the probe connector ( cloth heat shield wire tied at each end) This sensor is SUP at the board value should be 1.1 ohms at 77 degrees F. If value is incorrect change the upper warmer plate. Also check the wire harness to the board that plugs into 1,2,3,4,and 5 on the board and make sure none of the connections are burnt. Let me know if you need any other info. Good luck with them they are 10lbs. of **** pack in a 5 lb bag. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyridr View Post
    Anyone do any work on the Electrolux Panini Grills in Panera bread? The model Im refering to is the HSPPAN ? Having a problem with the teflon sheets covering the upper warmer plate catching fire or or burning through. Tech service has no idea but said it is happenning across the country with them. I give up trying to figure it out.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I know this is an old thread, but there is a high quality teflon sheets that you can replace the standard one with. Many including Panera have had luck with it. Google TFX NonStick! or visit their website www.tfxnonstickusa.com

Seems like the teflon sheet can differ quite a bit in quality...